Talk

Advanced search

should I only wear black or white with a black and white skirt?

(7 Posts)
DebiTheScot Wed 22-Jul-09 10:22:59

I'm not very good at this style stuff but I like to think I at least get the colours I wear with eachother to match (or at least not clash). But I'm not sure if there's any rules about this one.

I've got a white skirt with a black flowery pattern on it and a black hem. Should I only wear black or white with it or would a plain red (for example) top be ok with it?

saadia Wed 22-Jul-09 10:27:12

I think red would be fine, have also seen yellow accessorised with black and white.

ZZZenAgain Wed 22-Jul-09 10:28:46

I would wear red or possible silver too

fishie Wed 22-Jul-09 10:31:04

what colours usually suit you? grey might be nice too. or blue.

Buda Wed 22-Jul-09 10:31:51

I have a similar skirt and I wear a green t-shirt with it sometimes. Or red or hot pink. I think it looks ok anyway!

I have the same skirt in pink and red and I will only wear pink or red t-shirts with that one however!

BertieBotts Wed 22-Jul-09 10:32:43

I have got a skirt which is white with a black flowery print (very striking) and any bright, plain top looks nice with it. I also got away with a very subtly striped bright pink top (sort of a reddy pink - the stripes are slightly different shades of the same colour)

DebiTheScot Wed 22-Jul-09 11:11:00

thanks, i've got red, purple and green tops that could all work and would brighten it up a bit.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now