Talk

Advanced search

Anyone else got Ped Egg ravaged feet?

(31 Posts)
ItsAllaBitNoisy Tue 21-Jul-09 19:13:50

Bloody hell - it's RUINED my feet.

I look like I've been dragged out of a shredder.

I also think I may have caused some dental damage while clenching my teeth so hard while using it.

shhhh Tue 21-Jul-09 19:48:14

did you use the "filer" on the otherside..?

I find when I use the "cheese grater" side it can leave my feet a bit uneven and rough BUT the other side smoothes..

Was it a genuine one as well..?

Maybe worth dropping a line to the manufacturers..? JML..?

KingRolo Tue 21-Jul-09 20:10:10

<boak>

shhhh Tue 21-Jul-09 20:14:05

grin

ItsAllaBitNoisy Tue 21-Jul-09 20:43:58

Yup, genuine one. My feet are too sore to go near with the filing side. I used the grater, and it did indeed grate my poor feet. I'm going to leave it a few weeks to heal (hehehe) and then try to repair the damage with a regular nail file.

I agree <BOAK>

YouLukaAmazing Tue 21-Jul-09 20:45:37

Message withdrawn

nickytwotimes Tue 21-Jul-09 20:45:58

Dear God, how much pressure did you apply?
<shudder>
<wince>

shhhh Tue 21-Jul-09 20:46:02

Rub some mosituring cream into them and wear socks tonight. Should help.

I think its v easy to do it to much...however may be worth contacting jml.

BodenGroupie Tue 21-Jul-09 20:49:02

I've been putting cream on at night and they're fine. However, I did get an email from eBay saying that the seller had been told to withdraw the PedEgg I bought after someone linked to it on here! Suspect it really was a cheese grater.

hester Tue 21-Jul-09 20:49:12

yikes

ItsAllaBitNoisy Tue 21-Jul-09 21:28:41

Will try cream and socks. Awful bloody thing.

I also bought cool new sandals the same day I bought the Ped Egg. Poor sandals - maybe next year my loves...

I can't figure out what I did wrong. I read so many glowing reviews here about people loving it. I'm thinking my feet didn't actually need "grating" <boak> and I was actually just shaving off nice healthy skin.

ItsAllaBitNoisy Tue 21-Jul-09 21:33:44

@ nickytwotimes

Not much pressure at all, because tbh it felt like it was shredding my skin off.

Rookie mistake #453

If it feels like it's shredding your skin off - it probably is.

shhhh Tue 21-Jul-09 21:41:17

sorry itsall...but im rotflmao grin Not that it helps you..hmmshocksad.

Yes, you probably didn't need to do it to much. Leave it for a while and then once all ok just use it for maintenance..weekly..? although guess it may now be sat in the bin..?!!

DebiNewberry Tue 21-Jul-09 21:44:05

This is why I pay other people to do it wink

shhhh Tue 21-Jul-09 21:48:14

la di da wink grin.

Last time I paid for someone to do it I was shocked when she bought out something that resembled an angle grinder shock. (and my feet were in a good condition..before you all jump to conclusions grin!)

bronze Tue 21-Jul-09 21:49:14

so glad I didn't listen to the people on the other thread

DebiNewberry Tue 21-Jul-09 21:50:02

ooh, no not seen that.

just a frightening thing like a cheese slicer (I saw it once, never since - I just read the crap mags and try to avoid looking)

Hangingbellyofbabylon Tue 21-Jul-09 21:53:33

it certainly doesn't hurt if you're grating off the dead skin - I use mine for thick hard yellow skin (nice I know blush) but never get it near the decent skin. Also v. important that your feet are very dry, I had a go a couple of hours after a bath and my feet were obviously not bone dry and I did slightly get the shredding effect - so stopped there rather than carrying on and shredding my feet to oblivion.. wink

shhhh Tue 21-Jul-09 22:14:12

I tend to use mine before I shower...

KingRolo Wed 22-Jul-09 08:12:46

<Nominates this thread for rankest ever>

SusieDerkins Wed 22-Jul-09 08:17:37

I agree with the posters who say smother your feet in a really rich moisturiser (or even vaseline) and go to bed with socks on. I have never used a pedegg but I am obsessive about my feet. M&S do a fantatstic thing that you use on dampe feet after a bath. It works really well without hacking your feet to pieces.

flier Wed 22-Jul-09 08:20:31

<<boak>> I think I'll take mine back to Boots today

shhhh Wed 22-Jul-09 09:33:25

flier..don't...

Contact the manufacturers. Honestly they will listen more and we try and rectify your concerns. You may even get something out of "goodwill" iykwim.

ItsAllaBitNoisy Wed 22-Jul-09 10:38:03

But it seems to be just my feet. Everyone else goes on about having the feet of a newborn baby. I now have the feet of a newborn horse.

wifeofdoom Wed 22-Jul-09 11:46:37

I've had the same, especially on the sides of my feet. Have given up with it and left them to heal. Even the magic flexitol isn't helping! but I have a similar grater thing from scholl, and no problem. Maybe mine wasn't genuine - but it looks like the real thing!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now