Talk

Advanced search

I have a job interview at Waitrose, what do I wear.......

(10 Posts)
sherby Tue 21-Jul-09 15:44:23

I haven't been for a job interview for years

First phase is a group interview, so not formal formal

Shall I be all perky and helpful

It is the day after we come back from camping so will have to prepare before I go

HELP

Ripeberry Tue 21-Jul-09 15:50:02

A suit of some kind or just a nice pair of trousers/skirt and top. Nothing too revealing.
Not too much make-up or jewellry, clean nails and no 6 inch heels grin

LaurieFairyCake Tue 21-Jul-09 15:50:03

green

<sorry> blush

sherby Tue 21-Jul-09 15:51:25

lol

i was waiting for it

Lilymaid Tue 21-Jul-09 15:55:29

DS2 had a group interview for a John Lewis job (he was only a Saturday assistant, but others were looking for full time work). He got a job as he was prepared to speak/give his opinions. Some of the questions were of the "if you could only save one person out of this list who would it be and why" and others were to do with serving/helping customers. Most of the older (i.e. older than 16 year old DS!) people wore suits.

BottySpottom Tue 21-Jul-09 16:55:19

Depends what the job is. If it is on the shop floor I would have thought casual suit or smart top and skirt. If managerial, then suit.

squirrel42 Tue 21-Jul-09 20:27:21

I'd go for smart top and skirt/smart trousers. Suits always strike me as a bit too "officey" for interviews where you wouldn't be wearing anything that formal if you got the job!

sherby Tue 21-Jul-09 20:28:53

no def don't want to do suit

not on the shop floor it is an admin/shop position

pencil skirt and shirt maybe?

sherby Tue 21-Jul-09 20:29:06

fitted shirt obv

KristinaM Tue 21-Jul-09 23:39:18

yes skirt and fitted shirt fine

as long as skirt not too tight and no norkage showing

conservative jewellery, hair and make up, medium heels

basically you want to look clean, smart and boring

INHO you only want to look " on trend" at an interview if your job is poncyin fashion/ meeja

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now