Talk

Advanced search

I need to replace my favouite skinny jeans - Help Please!

(13 Posts)
Jewelsandgems Tue 21-Jul-09 14:06:43

I have had my topshop skinny jeans for ages - literally years and they are the ones even before the Baxter jeans. Needless to say, cannot get them anymore.

They are starting to go a little thin at the knees (from all the time I spend on the floor with my two little girls) and I need some more.

I ordered some from Ted Baker and they were fab but they did not fit nice on the waist. I had a serious muffin top situation (and that's the good thing about the topshop ones, the waist is really generous so no overhang whatsoever)

I have nearly ordered the baxter jeans, but last time I remember trying then on, they were a looser leg than the ones I have. They have some lovely vintage baxter ones, and some indigo ones....

Can you recommend any? Generous on the waist, yet tight on the leg (and with good 'bounce-back' fabric would be great, I would be on the floor alot in them)

Yours hopefully,
J&G

TheRealMrsJohnSimm Tue 21-Jul-09 14:49:14

I am a huge fan of the Martha jeans in Top Shop. They are technically more "straight leg" than skinnies but they fit very closely and have good "bounce back"

Sunshinemummy Tue 21-Jul-09 15:02:05

I have muffin top and love my Uniqlo skinnies.

orangina Tue 21-Jul-09 15:14:53

I had the baxter maternity jeans (skinny, but not super skinny...) and I have a pair of the martha jeans which i really WANTED to like but actually don't. They are too.... meh. Neither one thing or another.

I have other topshop skinnies (don't think they are baxters?) which are great (dark denim) and I also have a pair of ts black pippa jeans (cropped skinnies) which are vaguely audrey hepburnish w pumps (ha!) and great tucked into boots in the winter.

Wandered through Gap earlier today and they seemed to have some nice skinnies, but I didn't try them on....

(can report tonight on the name of my ts skinnies if it will help...)

regularlyoverwhelmed Tue 21-Jul-09 15:18:09

i like H&M sqin I think they are called. V dark. good for muffins. however I do have a largish arse so maybe not soo good if you not so encumbered

last ages

GetOrfMoiCockroachCluster Tue 21-Jul-09 15:18:45

DON'T LAUGH - Next skinnies are really good. I have several pairs, the fabric has a lot of give and they fit really well. I have had my no. 1 fave pair for 3 years now and they look as good as new. They are only about £25.

I normally hate Next with a passion but these are great.

orangina Tue 21-Jul-09 15:33:56

I'm quite liking these.....

snowmummy Tue 21-Jul-09 16:40:48

I've got 2 pairs fromRiver Island that are great. I also have a pair of super skinnies from Primark that were £8 and are also great - very generous on the waist.

Jewelsandgems Tue 21-Jul-09 21:43:29

*cluster * have tried on the next ones andthe 8 were too small, the 10 a bit too big. Other than that I did like the fit.

orangina never thought to look at the kate moss ones, these are also nice BUT does not say what length they are. You would have thought for Ms Moss they would be 34 leg non?

these

I have got some from miss selfirdge and they fit well, but loose their shape more or less straight away, and they are a little bit too short.

orangina Wed 22-Jul-09 10:29:11

You might be able to call TS and find out? Or, order a few pairs in various styles and sizes (to get to the £100 free delivery mark) and return what you don't want (free returns I think).

Celery Wed 22-Jul-09 10:31:40

I live in Topshop Martha's, but maybe they're not what you're looking for.

Jewelsandgems Wed 22-Jul-09 19:30:10

I ordered a few of the topshop ones, and also ended up ordering two tops and a dress (well, might as well as free delivery) grin

I really wanted to order the kate moss flower band ones, but they only go up to a 32 inch leg and that is too short for me!

Now I cannot wait for them to arrive! Mind you, why is it, you order something convinced it is the answer to all your style problems and count the seconds til it arrives, then - after trying on session - have to wrap it back up and send it back

TheRealMrsJohnSimm Wed 22-Jul-09 19:43:28

Has anyone else tried the Kate Moss flower band ones? They look like the rise at the back is high enough to prevent bum cleavage showing (which is always a bonus for skinny jeans imo).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now