Talk

Advanced search

If someone offered to make an item of clothing for you what would you choose?

(15 Posts)
MagNacarta Mon 20-Jul-09 21:10:52

Just wondered.

Paolosgirl Mon 20-Jul-09 21:13:55

I would ask them to make me a fab knee length A line skirt out of some lovely colourful material (of the sort you get in <whispers> Boden), with a contrasting hem. I'm 5' 1" and never, ever get fab knee length skirts with a pattern round the hem envy

GentleOtter Mon 20-Jul-09 21:14:52

A beautiful blue ballgown. Not that we go to functions where I could wear it, I've just always wanted one. <goes all dreamy>

TomCruise Mon 20-Jul-09 21:15:00

Are they designing/pattern cutting it too?

Are they an expert?

TrinityRhinoHasASillyStepson Mon 20-Jul-09 21:16:03

I would like a mid length velet jacket of the cut I just haven't seen anywhere in a lovely colour

Doodle2u Mon 20-Jul-09 21:16:42

I'd ask for a cardigan that had LONG sleeves. What's this business with cardies now-a-days - all the bloody sleeves stop mid arm so you look like you're dragging knuckles?

MagNacarta Mon 20-Jul-09 21:19:15

Tom - yes they are designing/pattern cutting, but are an experienced amature rather than expert.

It's only hypothetical tbh.

I'm in the mood to sew something, but can't think what - so I'm blatently posting to get some inspiration, hope that's ok.

GeorgeTheSlitheen Mon 20-Jul-09 21:21:35

I'd love a really chunky knit cardigan with a hood. Probably in Black, with massive buttons.

I'd probably wear it so much they'd bury me in it when i died.

TomCruise Mon 20-Jul-09 21:29:07

Ah, well I would like a sun dress, or a gorgeous going out dress like the one on the net a porter home page

browntrout Mon 20-Jul-09 21:33:00

a properly fitting beautifully tailored suit jacket in gorgeous cloth to go over my very large norks without gaping or being too big round the waist or without the buttons being under extreme tension. I HATE HATE HATE shopping for suits it makes me so utterly depressed.

MagNacarta Mon 20-Jul-09 21:34:21

OMG TomC - that is a beautiful dress - hmm will think on.

Posey Mon 20-Jul-09 21:38:45

A properly fitting dress. To fit broad shoulders and no hips.

macherie Mon 20-Jul-09 21:46:33

Well, I get to do this regularly as my mum is a whizz with the sewing machine, and brilliant at copying from pictures in magazines,

She spent last week making me one of those one shouldered goddess style dresses for a wedding on friday, and I have to say, it was one of the best dresses there (including the brides wink)

This is a great time of year to be inspired as the magazines with the autunm/winter collections are coming out in the next few weeks, I bought elle last week which has a supplement on the new clothes, vogue with a supplement should be out in the first week of august.

This is a great place to look if you need inspiration, you could get lost there for weeks!

gigglewitch Mon 20-Jul-09 21:48:43

oooh, a maxi dress that fits. And the shoulder straps don't fall off.

gigglewitch Mon 20-Jul-09 21:49:50

(do you think they could knit me a good pair of boobs to go in it too?)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now