Talk

Advanced search

How can I wear this?

(10 Posts)
Rhubarb Mon 20-Jul-09 20:52:32

Tomorrow is the Year 6 Prom. I don't think they should have Proms for Yr6, it gets ridiculous and puts pressure on the parents, but that is besides the point. I've offered to go along and help and be there for the kids. It's a formal do with the boys wearing tuxedos (if they have them) and the girls in posh frocks. I've been asked to wear a posh frock too - the teacher is coming in a tux and the other TAs in posh frocks.

The only dress I own is the one on my profile. However is it suitable? Would you wear something under/over it? I don't possess a shawl or anything like it, the only thing I have is a small crocheted black cardi type thing. It fits fine, but I'm worried about exposing my shoulders and so on, it's not exactly warm weather is it?

What would you advise?

cocolepew Mon 20-Jul-09 20:54:44

Cardi should be fine, nobody will be looking at you anyway grin

Rhubarb Mon 20-Jul-09 20:57:51

It doesn't look quite right with this particular cardi though.

Paolosgirl Mon 20-Jul-09 20:58:43

I'd be tempted to go as Morty with just a nappy on wink grin

Seriously though, the dress is lovely and a wee cardi will look great with it - although as Coco says, no-one will be looking!

Hassled Mon 20-Jul-09 20:58:56

Small black cardi would work well, I think. And with the heaving mass of sweaty Yr6s, it will be hot.

Rhubarb Mon 20-Jul-09 21:09:06

Is it not too much?

Hassled Mon 20-Jul-09 21:19:18

No, not too much. Looks like you've got into the spirit of things without becoming a meringue.

I'm amazed that there is a Yr6 boy in the land who owns a tuxedo.

Rhubarb Mon 20-Jul-09 21:22:21

Not too strappy?

cornsillk Mon 20-Jul-09 21:23:41

That dress is nice. Year 6 prom is ridiculous.

Rhubarb Mon 20-Jul-09 21:25:08

Cheers grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now