Talk

Advanced search

Need help with dress to suit my shape...

(7 Posts)
ConnieComplaint Sun 19-Jul-09 20:29:24

Hello

Would anyone who knows what they're talking about help me find a dress for a wedding?

It's in 6 weeks time & at the minute I am roughly a size 14, though very small at 4ft 11". I have recently lost 1.5 stone & hope to have lost at least another half stone before the wedding...

I don't suit anything which ties under the bust as it tends to bring the eye to my baggy tummy..

I have quite a big bust (though it has shrunk considerably).

My sisters have told me not to wear black as I live in that colour....

The reception is in quite a fancy hotel a two hour drive away, so the dress would have to be fancy enough for the hotel but not wrinkle in a two hour car journey....

Any help would really be appreciated!

(I don't really do strapless either I'm afraid...)

duckyfuzz Sun 19-Jul-09 20:38:46

try ghost - they have some great sale bargains, are very flattering and don't generally crease

ConnieComplaint Sun 19-Jul-09 20:49:16

Thanks DF, am on their website at the minute

I also see Monsoon has a sale on, might try there an evening this week.

Clure Sun 19-Jul-09 20:53:55

I love this - your size and petite and in the sale!

MrsMcCluskey Sun 19-Jul-09 20:57:17

I think a long bias cut might suit
maybe some layering
all one colur to give the impression of height?
Do you have good legs?

ConnieComplaint Sun 19-Jul-09 21:03:27

Clure, lovely, but not sure what it would look like with my hair! I have flashes of red through it! (though by the end of August I will be back to blondy with caramel hints...

Mrs McCloskey - legs not too bad! Wouldn't wear anything shorter than knee length though! And fear I may be too short for maxi dresses.

What do you lot think of this I think it might look OK on, and cover the tummy a bit? Though maybe a bit long? Would obv need a cardi of some sort too!

naomi83 Mon 20-Jul-09 08:28:03

have you checked out bravissimo dresses?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now