Talk

Advanced search

I need a sturdy but attractive digital watch please

(22 Posts)
bran Sun 19-Jul-09 20:26:46

It needs to have an alarm, and show the date, and light up in the dark so that I know whether it's worth my while trying to go back to sleep after DD or DS have woken me up. I would prefer it to be rounded rather than square/sharp edged so that I don't take chunks out of the DC (I'm clumsy). Either a leather or plastic strap as I often react to the metal ones. Preferably water resistant (clumsiness again). Not too expensive because I'm a bit tough on watches (did I mention clumsiness?) and generally replace them every couple of years when something breaks.

My last two watches were the same Timex Rush, bought for less than £20 from Asda. I'm trusting MN to save me from watch frumpiness. grin I'd like to be able to buy it online if possible, I hate trudging round the shops.

Thanks. smile

DunderMifflin Sun 19-Jul-09 20:29:47

Watching (grin!) with interest - my watch has just bust and I fancy a digital one...

bran Sun 19-Jul-09 20:49:24

Hi Dunder, I have complete faith in the MN style gurus, so stand by. <drums fingers impatiently>

bran Sun 19-Jul-09 21:06:43

I quite like this Red or Dead watch. It might not be very comfortable to wear though.

This one looks pretty comfortable and straightforward, but a bit plain.

Dunlop, probably a bit too sporty for me.

bran Sun 19-Jul-09 21:13:55

What about this? Is it a bit too little girl-ish?

I think this is probably my favourite so far.

bran Sun 19-Jul-09 21:18:21

Sekonda, a bit dull but good value and has all the functions.

bran Sun 19-Jul-09 21:24:21

Pity about the colour.

bran Mon 20-Jul-09 11:44:49

[sigh] Even I think this thread is too boring to post on now. I will just toddle of to Asda. smile

DunderMifflin Wed 22-Jul-09 18:33:14

grin!

bran Wed 22-Jul-09 20:00:04

Dunder, as you're the only one among thousands to even slightly care I thought you would like to know that I bought this one. It looks as though I borrowed it from a 12 yr old. hmm

TsarChasm Wed 22-Jul-09 20:09:32

Have you looked at BabyG watches? They do different syles and colours. I really want
This one atm.

It's a bit more subdued than some they do, but they come in lots of pretty colours and different prices.

TsarChasm Wed 22-Jul-09 20:12:25

Here's a better selectionsmile

bran Wed 22-Jul-09 20:23:44

Dammit, I like this one better than the one I bought. I have to admit I didn't really consider a BabyG. Partly because the I've linked to is the first one I've ever seen that I don't hate with a passion, but mostly because they have Baby in the name but it's for adults. I don't know why that should bother me so much, but it makes me thing of women who like to infantilise themselves, eg by wearing a Pooh Bear jumper.

TsarChasm Wed 22-Jul-09 20:28:07

Oh dear..you've put me off now!grin

I do like that one you just linked to though. I didn't see that one.

blowbroth Wed 22-Jul-09 20:30:12

I know it's a mans watch but my dh has this and loves it.watch here

blowbroth Thu 23-Jul-09 07:33:41

I'll get me coat!

bran Thu 23-Jul-09 11:58:25

I tend not to go for masculine style watches blowbroth, though that does look useful. I don't wear any jewellery or accessories so I prefer my watch to be a bit cute/attractive.

Anyway, you and TsarChasm are just too late because my new watch arrived yesterday. It's very lightweight and comfortable, despite looking as though I pinched it from a child.

TsarChasm Thu 23-Jul-09 13:58:29

I am so envy that you have a new watch! Bet you can't stop noticing it on your wrist.

There's something about watches..I'd happily buy loads if I had the money chance!

Washersaurus Thu 23-Jul-09 14:18:23

For those still looking for something, I have a silver Casio Film (Pela) watch, it does all the things you want and it is so thin and comfy.

I bought it off ebay years ago - they don't sell the one I have anymore but there are lots of similar ones in different colours, not sure if they all have backlights on them though.

<doubts anyone cares>

blowbroth Thu 23-Jul-09 16:11:58

Thanks bran! I was beginning to think no one was listening to me! grin

bran Thu 23-Jul-09 16:22:18

TBH blowbroth, I wasn't listening. I'd gone off to watch tv instead. blush It was a terrible lapse and it won't happen again once I've watched my new Spaced DVDs ever.

blowbroth Thu 23-Jul-09 16:23:54

No offence taken! You watch your telly and leave me here on my own!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now