Talk

Advanced search

Swimsuit issues

(13 Posts)
Hassled Sat 18-Jul-09 22:49:51

Right then - am 43 and look it, 10/12, good legs, no tits to speak of but one hell of a tummy. I don't really care at this stage what the swimsuit looks like except that it has to help disguise the second-trimester look (I have even resorted to exercise to sort this as well). So my questions are:

Swimskirts like this - matronly, or OK?

Bold patterns or plain? What disguises the flab better?

Is there anyway to wear the ruched look without looking 53?

Thank you!

mrsmaidamess Sat 18-Jul-09 23:31:44

Matronly. You are still slim, show it off. Your tum cannot be that bad if you are still a 10/12. I have only ever seen short fat old ladies wearing those..

There are tummy control swimsuits without the skirt, surely.

snorkle Sat 18-Jul-09 23:36:17

I think those swim dresses look OK. It's whatever you feel most comfortable in really.

mrsmaidamess Sat 18-Jul-09 23:37:52

If legs are not the issue keep them uncovered. In fact even if they are the issue keep them uncovered.. No one will be looking at you on the beach. They will be far too worried about what they look like.

Hassled Sun 19-Jul-09 10:13:08

Thanks all - but I'm afraid yes, my stomach really is that bad. You're right though that no-one's actually going to notice, but I'll notice. I'll just have to crack on with the sit-ups.

monkeysmama Sun 19-Jul-09 10:31:05

I am the same size as you (but with big bfing boobs & bit younger) and bought a brown tummy control swimming costume for £50 in John Lewis. It is ruched around the tummy & would give a bit of boob definition as it has a kind of V neck with extra material so you can move it up or down for more or less boob display. But, I hate it! I think it actually makes me look far bigger than I am & it makes me feel frumpy. I far prefer the plain black tankini I have & a selection of lovely bikini bottoms to go with it-animal print, red etc. Covers the offending belly but highlights my long legs.

Having just returned from my first post dd beach holiday & studied my fellow swimsuit clad women I have decided good sunglasses & foot attire & even a good hat detract attention from the body. I was surprised to find that many of the women I thought looked best were the slightly bigger ones (though that means size 10-12 as most of them were tiny!) with nice costumes & good accessories.

Hth.

mrsmaidamess Sun 19-Jul-09 10:36:52

Hassled what about bikini and sarong.

(But remember, 2 sarongs don't make it right.)

MadameCastafiore Sun 19-Jul-09 10:43:48

Speedo do some body control suits that are really fab - they do the Special K red ones and they do really make a difference!

Clure Sun 19-Jul-09 12:21:46

here
bargain

missblythe Sun 19-Jul-09 12:25:23

any of these take your fancy?

Hassled Sun 19-Jul-09 16:10:04

Fantastic - you are all blooming marvellous. Many thanks.

monkeysmama Sun 19-Jul-09 20:16:20

Are they not all really sporty? I must've misread op.

AppleandMosesMummy Sun 19-Jul-09 20:18:11

Stomach "issues" are diet not exercise usually, it's the carbs that have to go after 5pm.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now