Talk

Advanced search

what happens in a normal bikini waxing session? I have never had one.

(8 Posts)
waxykecks Sat 18-Jul-09 14:37:42

What do they ask you?
what do you keep on?
How much does it hurt?

notjustapuppymum Sat 18-Jul-09 15:31:04

You keep your knickers on unless going for a brazilian - but guessing you're not going straight for that if you're a first timer!

It doesn't hurt at all...honestly, very quick, feels like being smacked and you might be a bit sore afterwards as it's your first time, but probably only for a couple of hours.

Not sure about the 'what do they ask you' question...what do you mean?!!

BitOfFun Sat 18-Jul-09 15:33:26

If you go for a proper wax you have to get up on the table on all fours so they can get all the hair properly. They are probably embarrassed to ask though, so I recommend you just assume the position yourself, before they come through the curtain ideally...

barbie1 Sat 18-Jul-09 15:35:35

As a therapist i would get you to sign a consent form stating that you arent on any medication/ pregnant etc etc and then ask you just how much hair you want removed. You can keep your pants on, and then they will be covered by a towel/ tissue to protect them, some salons give you paper panties. Most first timers go for a basic wax, is just the sides and a little across the top....if you want the whole thing you might be asked to turn over and kneel with your bum in the air to get the bits at the back!!! Take a painkiller an hour before and get some aloe vera lotion to apply for the next 24 hours after wax...the first time is the worse but with regular appointments it will get easier, good luck!

waxykecks Sat 18-Jul-09 16:29:05

Thanks everyone, no not the full monty but I was wondering if they say
"How much today Madam" wink
(I mean it's obv I haven't booked a brazilian) and also how much I need to have to start off with (cue frantic NON shaving all week).

Also I didnt know if they did the top bit.

I do want it to be "done" though but not a Brazilian - how do I term that...?

BitOfFun Sat 18-Jul-09 16:30:27

Short back and sides?

Mintyy Sat 18-Jul-09 16:36:38

Bof you are being v v norty!

notjustapuppymum Sun 19-Jul-09 14:12:08

waxykecks - they will probably ask you 'how brief do you want to go today' or something like that, if not, just let them know how brief you want it done.
As a therapist, I would recommend no shaving/hair removal for two weeks before your wax to get the best results. If you just leave it a week then your results won't last as long.
Disagree with the need for a painkiller beforehand and they will put afterwax on for you which is usually sufficient to soothe the area for some hours afterwards.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now