Talk

Advanced search

Could I get away with this dress?........or is it just too much??

(11 Posts)
BunnyLebowski Thu 16-Jul-09 13:50:55

I'm going back home to Ireland next week and have a big night out with mates whilst there. Drinks and dancing - very excited as have only been out twice since dd was born 9 months ago (damn you breastfeeding!)

Anyway I've found a dress - haven't bought it yet. It's on my profile, first pic.

I know it's a bit full on but I though it could look quite pucci-esque when worn with black tights and shoes like

these

Am I mad??

My style is quite indie/retro,50's pin-up meets 60's glam meets punk rocker! After spending my entire late teens/early twenties in black (terrible body image) I now refuse to wear it and love colour!

I am 29, 5'4 and a size 14. Decent legs, good boobs. Dodgy mummy tummy. I have long dark hair and blue eyes. Usually I'm casper pale but have a tan at the minute.

Tell me honestly! I have a few alternatives in case smile

mrsmaidamess Thu 16-Jul-09 13:54:04

I think something a bit more platformy and less suedey would be better with tights and dress if its the Pucci look you want.Or go for coloured shoes.

Bear in mind the weather though..you won't be tto hot in that lot will you?

DebiNewberry Thu 16-Jul-09 13:57:29

I like it. would be tempted to do bare legs and ballet flats with though - but if it a full on night out with your girls you know if heels would be better.

BunnyLebowski Thu 16-Jul-09 14:01:12

Hmmm I think the dress is made from cotton so should be quite light. If I go for not totally opaque tights it should be ok. Plus the weather in Ireland is cold and crappy at the min!

I have no other shoes that suit really and can't buy new ones so would have to make do.

Mine aren't the Office ones - I've just dug them out and they have a thicker more platformy heel.

yama Thu 16-Jul-09 14:01:27

I like the dress and yes those shoes and black tights would be fine.

Enjoy your night out. smile

BunnyLebowski Thu 16-Jul-09 14:04:26

Debi - It would look great with flats but I'm a shortarse and need the extra inches!!

Thanks yama smile

KittyWalker Thu 16-Jul-09 14:07:47

Love the dress, and really loving the shoes! Have a fantastic time smile I so need to sort my drab wardrobe out sad

cookielove Thu 16-Jul-09 14:10:39

love it love it love it, love everything about it and think you'll look fab grin

waitingforgodot Thu 16-Jul-09 14:12:19

looks fab-go for it

eggsonthebeach Thu 16-Jul-09 14:30:16

50's pretty with punky edge - great!

BunnyLebowski Fri 17-Jul-09 14:48:33

Just won the auction so the dress is mine....all mine....mwah ha ha ha grin

Thanks all!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now