Talk

Advanced search

I wish I were glamourous

(13 Posts)
giddykipper Wed 15-Jul-09 22:43:29

I wish I could be arsed.

I've just had a bath and shaved the forest off my legs, they don't look much better though, still covered in bruises and insect bites, not fit for a skirt. My eyebrows need to be attacked. I have nice smart clothes but I always think I must look like I'm not putting the full effort in. Make up always seems to have disappeared by mid morning (how does one keep it intact all day?). I never remember to put jewellery on. I was in SpaceNK last week buying some face products (I do make an effort there) and the woman serving me looked flawless, beautiful make up and hair. I guess she doesn't have a toddler helping her to dry her hair in the morning.

<sigh>

AppleandMosesMummy Wed 15-Jul-09 22:48:53

Do your hair at night when the toddler is in bed ?

LetThemEatCake Wed 15-Jul-09 22:48:56

People work for hours at getting that "haven't made an effort" look.

Am sure your natural beauty is all the va va voom you need. Make up, bah. Who needs it.

MaryMotherOfCheeses Wed 15-Jul-09 22:50:39

Make up which lasts beyond mid morning is either applied too thickly, or reapplied just before mid morning.

AbricotsSecs Wed 15-Jul-09 22:52:05

Message withdrawn

hmc Wed 15-Jul-09 22:54:13

The absolutely brilliant thing about not being glamorous is that ageing means dick all to you.

I actively pity the gorgeous pulchritude blessed amongst us - they have a long way to fall (snigger). It's better to have a brain and/ or personality which weather the test of time better

LetThemEatCake Wed 15-Jul-09 22:55:14

"the gorgeous pulchritude blessed amongst us"

love it!! who needs foundation with a vocab like that!!??

AppleandMosesMummy Wed 15-Jul-09 22:58:49

It's better to have a brain and/ or personality which weather the test of time better

That's what the ugly girls say wink

hmc Wed 15-Jul-09 23:00:11

OOOOh - that's not passive aggressive at all. Know for a fact that I am not fugly so can laugh this off!

AppleandMosesMummy Wed 15-Jul-09 23:01:43

It was a joke but obviously I am far too pretty to have a sense of humor too

hmc Wed 15-Jul-09 23:04:52

I do think it is sort of tragic however to be obsessed with appearance (this doesn't apply to OP - not insinuating that). Kind of shallow and sad. Sorry! It's so unimportant in the grand scheme of things. Certainly pride has a role - who wants to go out looking like a scarecrow, but it's about a healthy sense of proportion. How do the glamour aficionados deal with wrinkles and sagging - inevitable with ageing? Must be effin hard! Think they need to re-evaluate.

hmc Wed 15-Jul-09 23:05:36

Ah you are going for a rise there...not going to get one (zzzzzzz...someone nudge me, am nodding off)

giddykipper Thu 16-Jul-09 14:27:56

Ooh I posted this then went to bed. Have made more of an effort today, wearing jewellery, found a sample of that Estee Lauder foundation which seems to work (although is a little like clay!). Have to wash my hair in the morning rather than evening as I get atrocious bed hair. Still feel a scruff though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now