Talk

Advanced search

Its an entirely innocent question, but are those bracelets made up of Trollbeads a bit chavvy?

(24 Posts)
moodlumthehoodlum Wed 15-Jul-09 20:40:17

I think they are quite pretty, but I can't decide if they are a bit chavvy..

What's the MN view on this.

In case you have no idea what I'm talking about look here

nickytwotimes Wed 15-Jul-09 20:41:07

I ahve no idea either.

TsarChasm Wed 15-Jul-09 20:43:03

I do quite like them, and I used to want one; but I keep seeing them on other people and I'm not so fussed anymore.

ginnny Wed 15-Jul-09 20:44:13

If you mean these, then I don't think they are chavvy but market stalls often sell fake ones which aren't as nice.

nigglewiggle Wed 15-Jul-09 20:45:13

I hope not. DH got me one (well Pandora) for my birthday and I like it. Expect a lively reaction to your use of the word "chavvy" though.

JeMeSouviens Wed 15-Jul-09 20:45:30

I quite like them and have been looking at them on Etsy.com

JeMeSouviens Wed 15-Jul-09 20:49:36

but if you wanted something similar but not the same, this lady does some lovely braclets

cserdan

moodlumthehoodlum Wed 15-Jul-09 21:01:43

I think maybe they are being seen more and more, and I do like the concept of them but maybe I would get bored of it?

reducedfatkettlechip Wed 15-Jul-09 21:06:26

I've been wondering about these too - there is a Pandora one in Marie Claire this month which is stunning - I costed it out on their site and it worked out about £2500 though..! Yikes.

Like the idea of buying the basic bracelet and getting the beads for Xmas and birthday presents, it might take me a good while to finish it off though. I think the "chavviness" level is entirely dependent on the combination of beads you choose though..and expensive doesn't necessarily equal tasteful imo.

lockets Wed 15-Jul-09 21:11:56

Message withdrawn

Hormonesnomore Wed 15-Jul-09 21:12:10

Thank you for the link moodlum - I think they're lovely & they're not chavvy at all imo.

<adds troll earrings to Christmas list>

Blackduck Wed 15-Jul-09 21:39:42

I have one which has been added to for birthdays and christmas by family, dp and ds - I like it because it is personal - it is MY bracelet and there isn't another one like it....and ds likes deciding where the next bead will go!

ginnny Thu 16-Jul-09 10:21:16

Blimey lockets - you lot are generous. My dss teacher just gets chocolates grin

sleepycat Thu 16-Jul-09 10:30:00

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

mimimimi Thu 16-Jul-09 10:31:33

my daughter got one with 3 charms as a christening gift from one of her godmothers / had never heard of them before.
the name is strange, though...

lockets Thu 16-Jul-09 13:15:55

Message withdrawn

Tortington Thu 16-Jul-09 13:16:59

dh got me one - i don't wear it becuase he boguht it whilst being an uber shit fuckwank

Blackduck Thu 16-Jul-09 13:21:29

custardo I LOVE your way with words.. grin

shouldweorshouldntwe Thu 16-Jul-09 13:43:19

They are very commonplace now so wouldnt want one ever.

ginnny Thu 16-Jul-09 15:09:36

Custardo - you crack me up grin

Lockets - she'll love it, lucky thing.

I want one but am far too poor sad

reducedfatkettlechip Fri 17-Jul-09 11:59:39

Not commonplace where I live - can honestly say I've never seen anyone in one round here. I think it might have something to do with us living miles from decent shops. smile

simplesusan Fri 17-Jul-09 17:30:00

I had no idea what you were talking about tbh until i looked at the link.

I think it depends on who is weaing at, as does so many looks. It could either look very sleek and unusual or look like you have put £1 in one of those seaside machines, turned the knob and hey presto look what you have won!

TheProfiteroleThief Fri 17-Jul-09 17:36:41

I'm fond of mine. I am usually q unchav by inclination grin. Mine is q harmonious though, but accident rather than design. Lots of friends bought me charms for my 40th birthday, so each has a meaning and association.

Unsurprisingly the knock offs are less attractive

LaurieFairyCake Fri 17-Jul-09 17:40:16

er no, not chavvy hmm

seeing as how I'm collecting the Pandora ones and dh I've spent 225 quid so far and it's only a third full

not chavvy at all

It's beautiful and unusual and there are no two the same, I have four cats on mine (as I unsurprisingly have four cats hmm grin)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now