Talk

Advanced search

Pear shaped and looking for work trousers.

(9 Posts)
aarghhelp Wed 15-Jul-09 15:54:40

I am looking for trousers to go with my new linen jacket. I was thinking brown and ordered these in size 18 from the Boden sale. Now, I have a relatively small waist (about 33 1/2 inches) and a big bum (about 44 inches), so I thought they might suit, as someone said Boden tended to suit pear shapes. However, they are really gaping a lot at the waist.

They look just about okay if I pull them in with a belt. I think the next size down might be too small on the hip. I am wondering whether to return them or whether to take them and resign myself to having a shape that's a bit different from average.

Has anyone got any tips re trousers on sale at the moment that are good for pear shapes?

talkingbook Wed 15-Jul-09 21:24:54

I am a pear with a small waist and relatively massive hips/bum!

I always buy planet trousers for work and find they fit really well with the added benefit of being generous in size so you can go down a size.

All other trousers are a bit hit and miss (hula jeans are good though) but boden isn't made for pears imo.

aarghhelp Wed 15-Jul-09 23:47:28

I was googling something along the line of "trousers" and "good fit" and came across a discussion on mumsnet from 5 years ago on the same subject, recommending Artigiano. So I might look there.

However, Planet look interesting. I would apparently go down 2 sizes there! And the clothes might even fit!

thehuntress Thu 16-Jul-09 09:06:00

Here's a vote for Artigiano. Most of their trousers work for me and are good quality. And I've got (like talkingbook) small waist and massive hips/bum. I've also had some success with certain styles at Monsoon, but none from this season. I find them a bit hit and miss.

I've tried a few Boden but never found any that suit.

I would try Artigiano if I were you. They are having a fantastic sale now. I also really love their jackets.

KingRolo Thu 16-Jul-09 09:10:46

The sizes at Planet are, ahem, interesting. I am an 8/10 there but a 12 everywhere else. I wonder if it's a subtle plan to flatter us into purchasing their goods?

KingRolo Thu 16-Jul-09 09:14:02

And I'm a 14 at Artigiano! Harumph!

thehuntress Thu 16-Jul-09 11:08:52

KingRolo - thanks for making me feel much better about sizing at Artigiano. I sometimes have to go up one size there too!

OrangeKnickers Thu 16-Jul-09 13:31:23

how about if you are a bit, you know, short? As well as pairshaped, with quite large thighs. [nice]

I don't buy many trousers as not many fit.

KingRolo Thu 16-Jul-09 14:05:50

I think Artigiano must be for lovely slender Italian women, not us lumpy, bumpy Brits. envy

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now