Talk

Advanced search

Bikini wax...

(8 Posts)
Naetha Wed 15-Jul-09 14:13:13

OK - I'm a long-time shaver, but I want to take the plunge with waxing.

I like to keep my ladygarden nicely trimmed, and tbh would shave the whole lot off if it wasn't for the unbearable itching and ingrown hairs.

Tell me all that would be involved with going for a full wax "down there". How do they go about it? How itchy can it be afterwards? Realistically, how many people have it all off (personally I don't like the thought of a "landing strip"). How much will it cost? Is it worth it?

aGalChangedHerName Wed 15-Jul-09 14:17:17

I have a brazillian. Love it!!

I don't find it particuarly painful. It's not itchy at all. I leave a bit more than a landing strip.

I just wear small knickers and she asks me to hold my knickers over to the side a bit. It costs me either £12 or £15,can't quite remember blush

craftynclothy Wed 15-Jul-09 14:20:14

I've had it all off...though have gone for Brazilian last time (am pregnant and was a bit worried about what the mw would think).

Where I go it's £24 for all off (£22 for Brazilian iirc). If having it all off they give you the choice of paper knickers or no knickers and I always just went for no knickers. Found it a bit itchy after the first time but was fine after subsequent waxes.

For me it's definitely worth it but I detest shaving as I'd have to do it so often and am useless at it blush

FabBakerGirlIsBack Wed 15-Jul-09 14:22:21

I have recently started having waxing after a long break and pay £40 for full leg wax, eyebrows and bikini. I just have what shows past the knickers off. It hurt more last time but normally it is fine and lasts quite well.

Naetha Wed 15-Jul-09 14:23:59

How often does it need redoing to keep it neat(ish)?

FabBakerGirlIsBack Wed 15-Jul-09 14:26:31

I am going every 4-6 weeks depending on my other commitments but I won't be able to keep doing that as I don't have the money spare.

bleh Wed 15-Jul-09 15:51:33

Where do people go in central London to get theirs done? I do have someone, but need a back up.

FabBakerGirlIsBack Wed 15-Jul-09 17:41:10

I don't know any salons but bump for someone who does.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now