Talk

Advanced search

what to wear now baby out...

(5 Posts)
hairband Wed 15-Jul-09 09:45:58

Having given birth 2 weeks ago, have discovered I am 2 stone heavier than I used to be!
I don't know what to buy until I get the weight off (envisage this may be several months!).. but can't face wearing maternity clothes any more..
Had a section so trousers are pressing into scar.. guess I will be better off in dresses..
Any suggestions of what I can do? Ideally online shopping as pretty stuck in house for obvious reasons!! At the moment am still in nighties but when I decided to get dressed will be nice to have something to wear!

drjane Wed 15-Jul-09 11:08:30

I had this problem and found jersey is best. Sweaty Betty yoga stuff is good (yoga pants don't have a waistband so good for C-section scar). Also try White Stuff - they tend to have nice stretchy dresses etc.

AppleandMosesMummy Wed 15-Jul-09 11:42:30

I stayed in my maternity clothes/nighty until I could fit back in my jeans, no shame in that.

EllieorOllie Wed 15-Jul-09 13:18:11

Loose t-shirt dresses, long-line empire cut tops, etc. with leggings or 'jeggings' (denim leggings) underneath. Keep to block colours and then accessorize like a maniac so that no-one even looks at your tummy. Big bold bangles, beautiful shoes, and a huge bag would be my tips... Everyone kept asking me how i'd shed all my babyweight a fortnight after giving birth. Trust me, I hadn't...

naomi83 Wed 15-Jul-09 13:36:32

I stayed in my maternity clothes till 8 weeks post section as they were the most comfortable thing, and still fit me 3 months post partum! Then I'd go for pretty joggers and v-neck tees you can nurse easily in. Six months post baby is a good time to evaluate your shape and get some new clothes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now