Talk

Advanced search

How many clothes does a 3 year old need?

(9 Posts)
fruitstick Tue 14-Jul-09 22:47:06

I'm determined that this year DS (3.5) will have a 'capsule' autumn/winter wardrobe with no unnecessary tat and no more clothes than he actually needs.

I'm going shopping tomorrow to stock up.

So what does he need? Most importantly, how many pairs of trousers?

wrinklytum Tue 14-Jul-09 22:50:14

Enough so that however any days youare working he/she will have clean par.

LackaDAISYcal Tue 14-Jul-09 22:53:11

Depends how often you do the washing, and how much of a muck magnet he is!

I'd say a minimum of five pairs of trousers; one jogging, a couple of pairs jeans/chinos, one cargo pants and some smart casual trousers (like cords as you can dress them up or down)

not sure about tops, but I had thought of getting some long sleeved tops in plain colours this year that I can layer underneath my DS's more funky short sleeved tshirts or use on their own. I always like to have at least one dressy shirt and one casual shirt as well. And I usually have a couple of jumpers; a hooded sweat and something in nice chunky knitwear.

fruitstick Tue 14-Jul-09 22:53:13

I'm on maternity leave at the moment - but surely he needs more than one grin

fruitstick Wed 15-Jul-09 09:26:24

bump

AppleandMosesMummy Wed 15-Jul-09 09:45:05

I always bought everything in multiples of 5 expect underwear which needs 7.
So 5 trousers
5 Plain tops
5 Sweaters
1 smart outfit for days out/meals
1 outfit like superman costume or some thing similar which he will then live in and the rest will be outgrown untouched grin

AppleandMosesMummy Wed 15-Jul-09 09:45:36

Gap is very good for the under 5's I found.

fruitstick Wed 15-Jul-09 09:47:02

Thanks apple, he currently has a sportacus outfit which may be welded on by the end of the holidays!

naomi83 Wed 15-Jul-09 13:51:53

I would check out tescos clothing. They have lovely little boy's trousers, and we got some nice jumpers and plain tshirts there last winter. They wash beautifully so you can buy more clothes but pay less.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now