Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Anyone ever had a blowdry lesson in a salon?

(17 Posts)
franch Tue 14-Jul-09 19:53:11

I've just had another fab bouncy salon blowdry which has left me wondering why I'm so inept with a hairdryer and brush - so much so that all I ever do is give my hair a quick random blast and then straighten it with irons.

Did a quick google and Charles Worthington, Michaeljohn, Aveda and even Essensuals offer blowdry lessons. Thought I might ask for one as a birthday present. Anyone done this, and if so where?

JohnDory Tue 14-Jul-09 19:54:05

oh yes i read an article about it somwhere

You need ALoha - she is great at stuff like this

LovelyRitaMeterMaid Tue 14-Jul-09 19:54:42

I am very sorry - just misread the title of your thread grinblush.

franch Tue 14-Jul-09 19:56:49

Do you know what Rita - I had a sudden sinking feeling as I pressed 'Post Message' that I had mistyped ...

franch Wed 15-Jul-09 19:07:41

bump

duvetheaven Thu 16-Jul-09 18:32:32

bump

mrsmaidamess Thu 16-Jul-09 18:33:57

I don't reckon one can ever get salon blow dry results at home unless one has arms the length of Mr Tickle.

franch Thu 16-Jul-09 19:36:35

Anyone actually had a lesson tho?

bleh Thu 16-Jul-09 21:19:08

I think it's also the hairdriers they use, as they're much more powerful than the bog standard ones us civilians use.

Lessons would be a good idea, but I haven't had any. Just watch my hairdresser and then hope for the best.

franch Thu 16-Jul-09 21:22:52

Well I'd be happy to invest in a superduper hairdryer if it got me salon-style results ...

Has noooobody had a lesson???

franch Sat 18-Jul-09 11:15:04

bump ...

Jewelsandgems Sat 18-Jul-09 14:11:25

I have not had a lesson but my blowdry from my salon is terrible! They should be asking me for a lesson!

I remember the says of fab blowdrys, these days it is dried using the wrong brush, and then straightened to death (with ends curled under) I mean purrrleeease!

HotToastAndButter Sat 18-Jul-09 14:35:33

i think its a dying art too Jewles
one salon that opened and then shut near us BANNED straighteners to make the staff style properly

franch Sat 18-Jul-09 15:38:26

Oh the salons near me do great blowdrys - not a straightener in sight.

franch Thu 23-Jul-09 20:47:16

It's me that abuses the straighteners.

BadgersArse Thu 23-Jul-09 20:47:59

Yes I fear straighteners are rather provincial

SausageRocket Thu 23-Jul-09 20:54:30

It's the back that's so hard to get right. Especially as I have a weird kink in the back of my hair that REFUSES to be blow dried or straightened into submission.

I have a very blunt jawlength bob with blunt longish fringe so I need straighteners in my life. Provincial or not

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now