Talk

Advanced search

Waterproof mascara

(13 Posts)
ChristieF Tue 14-Jul-09 12:45:24

Could anyone recommend a waterproof mascara at a reasonable price? Using Maybelline at moment but it's certainly not waterproof. Only putting on top lashes as suggested by Bobbi Brown for older women but still smears under eyes. Why?!

reducedfatkettlechip Tue 14-Jul-09 14:44:48

I'm having exactly the same issue with my Maybelline mascara which I bought at the weekend - it's the one in the bright pink packaging. It's a nightmare at smearing and then being really stubborn when you actually want it off.

I found Clinique worked well at being waterproof but was a bit thin so shall watch for recommendations.

JohnDory Tue 14-Jul-09 14:45:33

none
they are all shit tbh
they all rub off in the end

Sooty7 Tue 14-Jul-09 14:48:59

Message withdrawn

TrillianoftheShineyCult Tue 14-Jul-09 14:50:53

Blinc! It's like magic! It sort of makes a tube of plastiy stuff around your eyelashes, instead of just putting paint on them.

You can buy it from here.

kando Tue 14-Jul-09 14:51:26

I'm just waiting for my Avon waterproof superfull mascara to arrive tomorrow and I'll report back. I'm fed up with looking like a panda too!

kando Tue 14-Jul-09 14:52:26

That looks lovely Trillian but it's £18 shock

Scootergrrrl Tue 14-Jul-09 14:52:38

Agree with Blinc - went windsurfing (which involved a LOT of falling off) in it and it was as good as new.

meep Tue 14-Jul-09 14:53:04

Blinc is definitely the best - I could wear it to the gym and it survived the sweat!

reducedfatkettlechip Tue 14-Jul-09 14:55:27

Like the clear mascara idea, will look out for some of that!

TrillianoftheShineyCult Tue 14-Jul-09 14:57:39

It's £16 actually, with free delivery. Yes, I know, loads, but it is really waterproof and I'm hoping it'll last for ages and ages.

If you don't actively take it off it is still there the next day, and you can take off other eyemakeup around it. Some days I'm not going anywhere much but I still like to have mascara on, and now I just leave on the stuff from the day before (changing everything else of course).

Sooty7 Tue 14-Jul-09 15:11:36

Message withdrawn

kando Thu 16-Jul-09 17:36:58

Have to say impressed with the Avon one so far (even though today is first time I've worn it!) Been at sports day all day, in the sun, and have come home without having panda eyes for the first time in goodness knows how long!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now