Talk

Advanced search

Semi-permanent eye lash extensions?

(6 Posts)
geordieminx Mon 13-Jul-09 12:54:34

Does anyone know much about these?

I have the shortest eyelashes in the world, and have spent the past 15 years trying to find a mascara that gives me beautiful lashes as opposed to clumpy, irratating spiders legs... and have failed miserably.

So I'm thinking about these, particulary for my wedding in October.

Yay/Nay? Anything to consider?

lambanana Mon 13-Jul-09 12:59:29

Yep go for it.

I had individual ones for my wedding. I am not sure about the practicalities day to day but fab for a special occasion.

They did however fall out individually the week after which looked slightly odd on honeymoon!

Ewe Mon 13-Jul-09 13:00:55

I love them, had them most of the summer last year. If you find a good salon they look really natural, they come in a variety of lengths and thickness so you can have them pretty much however you want. The first time you go you will have a lot fall out as they take a while to get used to.

It's like having fake nails in that you have a big long appointment to start and then infills every few weeks to maintain them.

geordieminx Mon 13-Jul-09 13:03:28

SO I'm best getting them for the first time a month or 2 before the wedding and getting them infilled every 2 weeks up to wedding rather than for the first time a few days before the wedding then?

Ewe Mon 13-Jul-09 13:25:32

It would be fine either way, they will start to fall out after about 3/4 days in my experience so if you have them done a day or two before and are very careful you'll be fine.

I just didn't realise quite how gentle you need to be with them until my second set and it is the same with most people I know. Not showering helps, I would bath when possible.

geordieminx Mon 13-Jul-09 13:28:15

I hadnt realised they were so delicate... hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now