Talk

Advanced search

Work clothes what sort of things do you wear?

(5 Posts)
MrsJamesMartin Sun 12-Jul-09 22:30:43

I am starting a new job in september, well its training for a year and then , hopefully, will get a job after it.

I currently work as a nurse and have always worn uniform so never had to think about what to wear.

Do you have certain clothes you just wear for work? I need ideas of outfits as normally i'm a jeans and top typr of person outside of work.

Ideas on shoes aswell would be great!!!

MrsJamesMartin Sun 12-Jul-09 22:41:20

Any ideas?

llareggub Sun 12-Jul-09 22:49:35

Depends on the job and the organisation really. Some work environments are very formal, others more relaxed.

I work in the public sector and dress varies enormously. Some of the client facing employees wear very relaxed clothes, particularly those working with children. HQ wear more formal clothes. When I started most women wore suits but I'd say now we wear far more separates.

Having said that I'm on maternity leave so might not have a clue anymore!

Monty100 Sun 12-Jul-09 23:03:08

Yes, it depends on the environment. Desk? What type of people etc?? Dress code?

I have a desk job, we can wear what we want. Suits/jean/trousers/seperates. I often wear suits as I go to meetings etc and feel more professional, but sometimes if its holiday time I'll go in wearing very casual.

cat64 Sun 12-Jul-09 23:04:04

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now