Talk

Advanced search

PLEASE HELP! 13-year-old outfit for wedding - no dresses or linen trousers!

(13 Posts)
ConnieComplaint Sat 11-Jul-09 20:46:36

What a challenge, eh ladies?

My 13-year-old god daughter nearly has her mum (my sister) & me drove crazy!

We have a family wedding in 6 weeks time & she hasn't anything to wear yet.

She usually wears trackies, she's a bit of a tom boy. She won't wear a dress & when I suggested a 'nice' pair of linen trousers with a dressy top she give me a look that could kill!

Any ideas of websites her mum could look? All ideas would be very well accepted!!

She's probably about a size 10/12 (not 100% sure though.)

purepurple Sat 11-Jul-09 21:00:36

DD is 12 and lives in New Look and Primark

ConnieComplaint Sat 11-Jul-09 21:02:34

Yeah, so does Dniece, but this is for a wedding.

In a very upmarket hotel....and so far she says she's going in a tracksuit hmm

TheOddOne Sat 11-Jul-09 21:18:10

How about a black suit complete with tie - and quite EMO looking? Maybe with a bit of make up - girly hair to go with.

I was a tomboy in my youth and once wore a brown suit and tie to a wedding aged about 14.

KristinaM Sat 11-Jul-09 21:33:19

will she wear any kind of dress / skirt at all, or does it have to be trousers?

do you know if she has issues about part of her body eg does she want to hide her legs or is she worried about being flat chested / big norks etc

Rubyrubyrubyislosing7lbs Sat 11-Jul-09 21:35:17

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ConnieComplaint Sat 11-Jul-09 21:36:18

The last wedding she wore nice cream trousers with a black top & cream waistcoat, we pinned a black flower on the cream waistcoat & straightened her hair.

By the evening time she had changed into a Liverpool top she had stowed away in the car!

Sis wants her to look nice, but at the same time doesn't want her sitting with a face on her if she's not comfortable.

Black suit = good idea It's just finding one

hullygully Sat 11-Jul-09 21:36:27

Let her wear what she feels comfortable in, who cares?

brimfull Sat 11-Jul-09 21:37:06

yes tunic and leggings

Heated Sat 11-Jul-09 21:40:37

jumpsuit
- there are others but too revealing for a 13 yr old

love this

one on right but maybe too casual

ConnieComplaint Sat 11-Jul-09 22:40:40

LOL heated, you've the same ideas as I have!! I have sent her mum an email with those liked, thanks!!

Tunic & leggings also a great idea, thanks!

Gully, - we all care, it's a wedding. She has to make an effort, a track suit won't do.

Kristina, as far as we know she has no hang-ups, she's really pretty, gorgeous big brown eyes, long dark hair, she's just not a 'girly girl' & hates making a fuss.

Heated Sat 11-Jul-09 22:52:06

Great minds, clearly smile Particularly with the Next middle one I linked to, your gd can get wear out of the jeans again and those shoes are so pretty and neutral can go with most things. Would think that outfit would suit her as she's got long dark hair and not too many underwear issues either. But would have to get a wriggle on before the Next sale starts if she likes it.

And good luck - she sounds a tough customer to please!

KristinaM Sun 12-Jul-09 09:13:53

agree, magenta top woudl be lovely with dark hair/eyes

and leggings / cropped trousers not too fussy

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now