Talk

Advanced search

I need a shower gel that can be used to wash hair any suggestions?

(11 Posts)
firstmum45 Sat 11-Jul-09 18:02:20

Going on holiday soon so trying to save on space weight etc etc. Can anyone recommend a really nice shower gel that I can double up as a shampoo.

My hair is fairly dry so needs to be something gentle as I shower and wash hair at least once a day.

Thanks

yogabird Sat 11-Jul-09 18:04:37

use shampoo on your body?

Job done!

PurlyQueen Sat 11-Jul-09 18:08:21

What's wrong with buying the shampoo when you arrive on holiday or at the airport after you've cleared security?

I love Aveda Shampure shampoo. It's gentle, effetive and smells lovely. I use it on my hair, body and to wash delicates such as cashmere.

ThePhantomPlopper Sat 11-Jul-09 18:11:56

I'd do it the other way, shampoo to wash, the shower gel/shampoo combo are really drying.

missmelly Sat 11-Jul-09 21:37:45

Philosophy do one, their body washes are 3 in 1, wash, shampoo and bubble bath. They're all really yummy fragrances like this.
You can buy at department stores for around £10

JackieNo Sat 11-Jul-09 21:43:25

Lush Happy Hippy says on the label it's for body and hair, though I've only ever used it as shower gel. Or maybe take one of Lush's solid shampoos?

firstmum45 Mon 13-Jul-09 07:59:00

Thanks for all your suggestions.

JackieNo forgot about Lush now I have liked some of their stuff in the past so will seek out on my next shopping trip

ChristieF Tue 14-Jul-09 12:52:32

Have you looked in the mens' grooming section? For some reason there are a lot of multipurpose products there and some lovely smells.

CMOTdibbler Tue 14-Jul-09 12:55:29

The Lush solid shampoos work really well as all over washes. The ones with conditioner in are particularly nice on the hair. Great as they are light, compact, last for ages, and can go in hand luggage without counting as liquid

Mspontipine Tue 14-Jul-09 23:27:39

Baby top to toe? My ds's hair is gorgeous and shiney!

expatinscotland Tue 14-Jul-09 23:43:31

I use Lush Ultimate Shine for hair and body and washing things by hand on holiday.

Doesn't spill, can be packed into a nice tin.

Job done.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now