Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

is it OTT or not for leaving doo

(8 Posts)
angdon Sat 11-Jul-09 17:24:50

Hi all , just asking peoples opinions my daughters school are having a leavers doo and Dinner for her yr 6 . three course meal at 11 lol .

She and my partner have picked out a gorgeous one but it seems something like she should were to a wedding ? is this what they are all wearing now ?

It a cream silky one and she looks beautifill in it , not to old for her but dont want her going to OTT.

what do girls were to these things nowadays ? , shows how old im getting i think i just wore a simple dress i would wear to a Disco lol

MrsSeanBean Sat 11-Jul-09 17:45:55

I think it is the done thing to go for quite a formal dress nowadays, but have no direct experience as only have one DS who is 2! Have overheard mothers and daughters in Monsoon though. How old is year 6? <clueless about new fangled school year system>

Simples Sat 11-Jul-09 17:59:16

God how horrendous the whole thing sounds.

angdon Sat 11-Jul-09 21:57:36

hi Mrs Sean bean , yeah year six is 11 she is leaving to go to secondary school .

her school are doing a three course meal lol .

Yeah i know Simples its just not something i expected .

I am seeing alot on this site about dresses for leavers do for year six so must be the norm now

bishboschone Sun 12-Jul-09 11:56:51

I am a dry cleaner and we see prom dresses and this sort of thing all the time..I am always amazed at how old fashioned and frumpy the dresses are that come in. I would say formal is the way they do it these days.

AppleandMosesMummy Sun 12-Jul-09 11:59:01

I'd find out what everyone else is wearing, my mum dressed me in a prom dress for the school disco where everyone else was in jeans, I sat in the corner all night.

angdon Mon 13-Jul-09 08:13:05

Thanks apple and moses mummy and Bishboschone.

The school said its formal wear no jeans , trainers etc so i guess she will be good . I have to admit the dress is gorgeous but made me realise my girl is growing up
. I have asked shannon to ask her friends what they are wearing today .

bishboschone Mon 13-Jul-09 20:58:21

no probs..hope she has fun

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: