Talk

Advanced search

is it OTT or not for leaving doo

(8 Posts)
angdon Sat 11-Jul-09 17:24:50

Hi all , just asking peoples opinions my daughters school are having a leavers doo and Dinner for her yr 6 . three course meal at 11 lol .

She and my partner have picked out a gorgeous one but it seems something like she should were to a wedding ? is this what they are all wearing now ?

It a cream silky one and she looks beautifill in it , not to old for her but dont want her going to OTT.

what do girls were to these things nowadays ? , shows how old im getting i think i just wore a simple dress i would wear to a Disco lol

MrsSeanBean Sat 11-Jul-09 17:45:55

I think it is the done thing to go for quite a formal dress nowadays, but have no direct experience as only have one DS who is 2! Have overheard mothers and daughters in Monsoon though. How old is year 6? <clueless about new fangled school year system>

Simples Sat 11-Jul-09 17:59:16

God how horrendous the whole thing sounds.

angdon Sat 11-Jul-09 21:57:36

hi Mrs Sean bean , yeah year six is 11 she is leaving to go to secondary school .

her school are doing a three course meal lol .

Yeah i know Simples its just not something i expected .

I am seeing alot on this site about dresses for leavers do for year six so must be the norm now

bishboschone Sun 12-Jul-09 11:56:51

I am a dry cleaner and we see prom dresses and this sort of thing all the time..I am always amazed at how old fashioned and frumpy the dresses are that come in. I would say formal is the way they do it these days.

AppleandMosesMummy Sun 12-Jul-09 11:59:01

I'd find out what everyone else is wearing, my mum dressed me in a prom dress for the school disco where everyone else was in jeans, I sat in the corner all night.

angdon Mon 13-Jul-09 08:13:05

Thanks apple and moses mummy and Bishboschone.

The school said its formal wear no jeans , trainers etc so i guess she will be good . I have to admit the dress is gorgeous but made me realise my girl is growing up
. I have asked shannon to ask her friends what they are wearing today .

bishboschone Mon 13-Jul-09 20:58:21

no probs..hope she has fun

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now