Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Driven by the desire to smell of all things rose, (is this a sign that I have by passed middle aged and simply entered old lady era?)

(37 Posts)
DarrellRivers Sat 11-Jul-09 16:51:18

Following on from a consultation with a little old lady who smelt enchantingly of scent of roses I have been on a burner today
I found this at spacenk, by terry rose cream
so gorgeous but £44
found this instead at Body shop, much better pricewise
I am now bathed and scented in rose cream
I have rose flavoured water and syrup in my cupboard to make rose scented icecreams/sorbets and creamy desserts
Is this it, am I now an old lady?
Has anyone got the By Terry cream, is it worth it?
What about some recipes for some rose flavoured desserts?

BecauseImWorthIt Sat 11-Jul-09 16:52:26

Nah. I reckon when you start craving to smell of Tweed, that's when you have become an old lady!

LaurieFairyCake Sat 11-Jul-09 16:54:24

Korres Rose Day Cream is lovely and much cheaper smile

DarrellRivers Sat 11-Jul-09 16:56:22

LFC, your candles are gorgeous
(am dreaming of making rose scented ones]
Now tell me more about this korre rose cream?
I had to buy some today or burst smile
I knew there would be nicer out there

What about rose flavoured cocktails?
I am having a garden party at the end of the month, and it would be a godd theme

DarrellRivers Sat 11-Jul-09 16:56:55

My mum used Tweed and Charlie smile

LaurieFairyCake Sat 11-Jul-09 17:02:28

search on here for Wild Rose Cream

macherie Sat 11-Jul-09 17:17:06

I have the by terry, and it is rather yummy.

It's a pink, slightly irridescent gel, I use it on my cheeks as a blush/highlighter and it gives them a lovely sheen and smells delicious.

I bought it on a whim, and I definately wouldn't class it as a beauty essential, but it is a lovely treat smile

If you like roses you'll love this it is totally gorgeous - rose scented lip balm - it is expensive but really luxurious.

I am a bit of a By Terry fanatic blush

LaurieFairyCake Sat 11-Jul-09 17:20:54

The wild rose cream is really lovely, tremendously hydrating - it's 24 euros on that site but it's on ebay for £15.99.

it made my skin very soft.

bet that BY Terry stuff is lovely though smile

macherie Sat 11-Jul-09 17:30:29

Dr Haushka Rose day cream is another lovely one but only for normal/dry skin, I am too oily for it.

I get lovely rose scented bath bubbly stuff for dd in the health food shop - it is by Jansen I think, and is very reasonable, also get her rose shampoo there.

Not strictly rose, but rose and blackcurrant I think, and the ultimate scented candle in the universe i think, is this

And if you really want to go all the way on the rose theme, it's hard to beat this

BitOfFun Sat 11-Jul-09 17:30:30

Wanting to smell like lavender is truly elderly, I wouldn't worry too much yet...

JonAndHate Sat 11-Jul-09 17:33:49

Cath Kidston has some lovely smelling rose products. Very popular as gifts.

purepurple Sat 11-Jul-09 17:38:31

BOF
I have always wanted to smell of lavender since a small child. grin
It is very worrying and I am not sure where it comes from.
i have restrained myself (mostly) and just have lavender air fresheners for the house.
I have, in the past, bought lavender plants for the garden, but, alas, they all died. sad
I also love parma violets too.

MinaLoy Sat 11-Jul-09 17:40:43

Was going to link to the Jo Malone Red Roses but macherle beat me to it. It is to die for

macherie Sat 11-Jul-09 17:45:13

Mina, I sometimes mind my friends 7 month old dd. My freind always wears red roses, so her dd smells divine!

TheRealMrsJohnSimm Sat 11-Jul-09 17:52:06

Paul Smith Rose perfume is gorgeous. I am an aromatherapist and get very annoyed with alleged "rose scented" items which have used cheaper oils such as palmarosa or rose geranium instead (tis still a lovely oil but not as gorgeous as rose).

For amazing candles and perfume try Ormonde Jayne. DH buys me a candle from here for Christmas every year and it is such a treat. I dont dare visit the shop myself......I fear for our bank balance too much

DarrellRivers Sat 11-Jul-09 19:13:50

You lot are truly fabulous
Lots of to die for creams and candles and scents
I think I shall put either the Paul Smith or the Jo Malone scent on a christmas gift list
And I'm now searching for some more rose gel/soap as applicable
Am now heading off to a party feeling lovely and glamourous and slathered in my moroccan rose body butter

PS I also love lavender, but more as a relaxing bath scent

DarrellRivers Sat 11-Jul-09 19:15:40

MrsJS, that Ta'if stuff looks pretty gorgeous too
Yes, safer to ban yourself I fear

angelcake99 Sat 11-Jul-09 21:27:00

macherie do you have a link to your rose bubble bath and shampoo as It sounds like something I'd like to get for my DD. I am another rose fanatic!

macherie Sat 11-Jul-09 21:49:39

Angelcake,this is what I use for the bath.

[[http://www.lovelula.com/pdurtekram_rosepure.cfm This is the shampoo.

smile

macherie Sat 11-Jul-09 21:51:09

Oops here's the shampoo

missmelly Sat 11-Jul-09 21:53:31

you can get that body shop morrocan range fairly cheap on ebay as the whole set (4 items) was a freebie when you subscribed to marie claire mag a few months ago (i've got it in my wardrobe, will prob give to a friend for a gift at some stage)

dexter73 Sat 11-Jul-09 22:16:12

I use this and it smells very nice!

angelcake99 Sat 11-Jul-09 22:40:07

Thanks Macherie, that's great, will buy soonsmile

hoxtonchick Sat 11-Jul-09 23:10:20

i have had (& finished ) the by terry rose moisturiser, though i had the gel. it was utterly gorgeous. and came with the cutest little scoop to put it on with <shallow>. i love rose too. weleda do a nice range, i have the day & night rose moisturisers & they weren't too £££. shower gel too. off to search ebay now!

hoxtonchick Sat 11-Jul-09 23:11:53

oh god, yes, the ren morrocan rose stuff is FABULOUS. i have the body cream & i love it. god, i am looking a bit obsessive here...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now