Talk

Advanced search

what colour shoes go with purple tights??????

(13 Posts)
geraldinetheluckygoat Sat 11-Jul-09 14:56:07

So, Ive got a navy blue satiny dress, which ive put a stretchy wide dark purple belt round under the bust. Then I got some purple tights (this is all from primark, was a bargain!), which look really nice with the dress and belt. I want to get some flat slip on shoes (cheap ones) to go with the outfit. But what colour would go? Purple will look too purple. Will black clash with navy? Will navy look to matchey? If i go for a different colour will i look like im taking the daring colour combination look to extreemes?????

Help me please....... grin

MaryAnnSingleton Sat 11-Jul-09 14:56:49

green ?

lou33 Sat 11-Jul-09 14:59:37

it has been said that wearing same shoe and tights colour lengthens the appearance of your legs though

MarthaFarquhar Sat 11-Jul-09 14:59:41

red.

MaryAnnSingleton Sat 11-Jul-09 15:00:41

jewel colours really

TrinityRhino Sat 11-Jul-09 15:01:18

red, black or purple I reckon

sounds fab

noddyholder Sat 11-Jul-09 15:03:14

I have purple tights with yellow shoes but wear with grey dress.looks nice.Think red would be cool too

geraldinetheluckygoat Sat 11-Jul-09 15:07:49

oooh, I have red shoes already, I will try them...........! Im v excited, I lost weight and this is the first time I have worn a dress even vaguely above the knee since before the kids were born....thanks for the help everyone smile

geraldinetheluckygoat Sat 11-Jul-09 15:10:32

also love the idea of yellow, i have some yellow shoes, but htey have peep toes, so i cant wear them with tights....can I? <<knows nothing about fashion emotion>>

MarthaFarquhar Sat 11-Jul-09 18:39:55

well done for losing the weight! I actually think peeptoes and opaques can work really well - here.

LynetteScavo Sat 11-Jul-09 18:46:54

navy, or maybe something like leopard skin. Depend where you're going...

geraldinetheluckygoat Sun 12-Jul-09 21:18:34

okay, shall try variety of shoes here and see how they look...thanks everyone!

Monty100 Sun 12-Jul-09 21:26:38

I wore navy dress, purple tights and berry coloured shoes. I liked. Like the red idea too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now