Talk

Advanced search

DDs and I are going to an 18th birthday party tonight full of fresh-faced, trendy young adults - what do I wear?!

(7 Posts)
castille Sat 11-Jul-09 13:28:28

I won't be the only crusty, the girl's family are going too, but we only know the birthday girl, not her friends or family so I can't even make a guess at how dressy or not it'll be.

All I know is that the v glam birthday girl is wearing a dress and killer heels, but then she often does.

I don't want to look mumsy, but nor do I want to look like I'm desperately pretending to be 18 again!

Any suggestions?

mrsmaidamess Sat 11-Jul-09 13:32:47

Have you got any suggestions from your wardrobe for us to slag off help you decide upon?

castille Sat 11-Jul-09 13:35:11

Err, well not really, my wardrobe is a bit random and rather sparsely populated

But I'm going shopping in a bit so can scour Zara etc

castille Sat 11-Jul-09 13:35:49

if I know what I should be looking for

Which I don't

mrsmaidamess Sat 11-Jul-09 13:41:44

I would get a funky top.
I like this with skinny jeans and a funky pair of heelssee I like shoes like this but I am aware they are not to everyones's taste

Simples Sat 11-Jul-09 13:42:40

key words are PLAIN AceSSORIES NO NAKED fleSH oR CLEAVAGE

I work with teenage girls, they LOve commenting on accessories and make up

castille Sun 12-Jul-09 09:58:38

I went in jeans, black evening-y v-neck top (I have little resembling cleavage), heels and my favourite necklace in the end. Was perfect.

We left with the other over 25s and under 15s when it was time to crank up the music and down lager

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now