Talk

Advanced search

gift buying advice - mind is blank - HELP

(8 Posts)
LetThemEatCake Fri 10-Jul-09 21:38:24

have to buy a present for my sister's birthday. We're not particularly close, mostly due to age difference & geography. Personality difference too I guess.

Lowdown on her:

1. she is 28
2. a celebrity
3. recently split from her fiance
4. recently bought her own flat
5. lots of disposable income - buys a lot of flash stuff and is gifted lots of designer stuff because of her job

what in the sam hill do I buy her?????

LetThemEatCake Fri 10-Jul-09 22:19:53

maybe this? Great as a beach dress, and she does spend a lot of time at the beach...

TheRealMrsJohnSimm Fri 10-Jul-09 23:18:47

THat's lovely. Can you explain nature of celebrity-dom without giving too much away? Would help in gift choice

Alternatively, does she have a good sense of humour? Perhaps something to make her laugh out loud would be more appropriate than clothing given that she already has so much at her disposal?

LetThemEatCake Fri 10-Jul-09 23:30:47

TV presenter on popular show and general girl about town. Often on judging panels for various glammy things. Not in the UK though.

Actually, have just about decided to buy her a framed print for the new house. She loves Matisse (one of the few things we have in common!) so I reckon something along those lines.

Erm, good sense of humour ... only when at the expense of others, let's just say.

unavailable Fri 10-Jul-09 23:40:38

Are you being clever and satirical OP?

Afraid its lost on me, if you are.

coppola Fri 10-Jul-09 23:41:24

Framed pic of you and her when little? One where she looks absolutely adorable of course wink

Umm... tatty devine name necklace?

LetThemEatCake Fri 10-Jul-09 23:49:39

unavailable - HUH?? seems a simple enough question to me.

coppola - great minds! did Tatty Devine last Xmas!

coppola Fri 10-Jul-09 23:54:43

<hi five!>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now