Talk

Advanced search

Help me find a top to go with this skirt for a wedding please

(9 Posts)
spicemonster Fri 10-Jul-09 20:27:58

Hopefully you will be able to look at the skirt here. Its got a beige cotton underlay and the black stuff on the top is net with black and gold stitching.

It looks fine with black but I reckon a dusky pink or beige (or gold?) would look lovely. The complication is that I bought the skirt in the sale and it's quite a lot too big for me round the waist but is very hard to take in because of the embroidery on the net so I need a top that will hide the fact that the waist is round my belly button.

It's a very non-trad wedding and this will be for late afternoon/evening. I'm quite busty (38DD) but not young and would rather not show acres of flesh.

Any ideas?

brokenspacebar Fri 10-Jul-09 20:48:19

I would probably go for black on top.... I am 32F and just prefer to keep my top half muted iyswim.

brokenspacebar Fri 10-Jul-09 21:06:21

per una

coast

wallis black

cc top

LaTrucha Fri 10-Jul-09 21:08:05

The last one there I really like with that skirt.

brokenspacebar Fri 10-Jul-09 21:14:48

I know it is the wrong colour but this style with a shrug might work?

spicemonster Fri 10-Jul-09 21:38:33

Ooh brokenspacebar you are a shopping genius! That per una top is perfect! It is exactly the right colour and everything. I loathe the tops of my arms so wouldn't go for the strappy monsoon top but the floaty layers on that one are perfect. thank you

magda123 Wed 15-Jul-09 11:53:22

Message withdrawn

EachPeachPearMum Wed 15-Jul-09 12:24:26

FFS magda- you have to pay for advertising. stop spamming.

spicemonster Wed 15-Jul-09 22:08:55

Not to mention the fact that I am not pregnant angry

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now