Talk

Advanced search

Where do you buy your jewellery from.

(10 Posts)
lizziemun Fri 10-Jul-09 20:06:27

I have been left £300 by my grandad who died in may.

I would like to buy some 'sort' of jewellery to remember him by.

My only requirements would be that it has to be Gold (I don't like Silver). And not a watch as i lose them quicker then it takes me to decide which i likegrin.

As i don't usually have this sort of money to spend on myself, i realy do not have a clue as to what i would like.

nigglewiggle Fri 10-Jul-09 20:13:29

When I lived in Brum I would go to the Jewellery Quarter for special pieces of jewellery. You can get pieces made for you with no obligation and you pay much less than on the high street.

Might be worth a trip!

lizziemun Sat 11-Jul-09 12:23:48

Thanks niggle

I'm not sure if i can get brum.

lizziemun Sun 12-Jul-09 21:21:02

bump.

Just incase anyone else has any idea's

Ronaldinhio Sun 12-Jul-09 21:24:57

Sorry to hear about your grandfather

I'd get something antique or at least second hand as you'll get a lot more for your money...I'm loving some of the old lockets or cameos atm

BaDaBing Sun 12-Jul-09 21:26:53

I am seriously lusting over this at the moment....

lizziemun Sun 12-Jul-09 21:31:22

Thank you, I hadn't thought about 2nd hand.

BaDaBing that ring is very nice.

Although DH has just said about getting 3 'bits' of jewellery to pass onto our 3 DC (2dd's and DS) later.

nevergoogledragonbutter Sun 12-Jul-09 21:33:52

here
lots of great jewellers.

dizzymare Sun 12-Jul-09 21:34:54

Are you anywhere near london? If you are have you ever been to this shop. It's in Mayfair, and she has the most fantastic jewellery, plus you can get pieces made to your requirements smile

BellaNoir Mon 13-Jul-09 21:31:37

Sarah Sheridan does lovely interesting jewellery. She does comissions (my engagement and wedding ring) so would work in gold. The flashlight collection is particularly stunning. I have a tectonic and is fabulous.
No I don't work for them grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now