Talk

Advanced search

matching lip gloss colours?

(4 Posts)
asicsgirl Fri 10-Jul-09 14:46:00

i bought a rimmel lip gloss last week but it's one of those 'plumping' ones that makes your lips buzz. too irritating to wear! i love the shade though and have been all round boots and superdrug looking for something similar. no luck sad does anyone have any advice? i thought about trying to match to an online range e.g. mac, but don't know if i trust those thumbnail images enough to part with £11 for what might be the wrong shade...

shhhh Fri 10-Jul-09 15:29:20

Don't go online and go into the store.

IMO and IME places such as MAC have a better range in store, get good advice and help and allow you to choose the right colour.

I use mac esp the lip glass/gloss/dazzle and love them. Never bought anything else since I discovered them ohhh....7 or so years ago.grin.

asicsgirl Fri 10-Jul-09 19:39:15

thanks! i don't get out shopping much at the mo smile the closest i'm likely to get is house of fraser in huddersfield, but i don't think they carry mac. will have a look...

shhhh Fri 10-Jul-09 20:23:39

think hof do do mac...

Our local hof (iir) is kendals in manchester and they hav a mac counter.

IMO,worth a trip and worth buying what you want than getting it and it not being right...

I find the MAC ones lovely and tbh very few lipgloss colours are shock. All seem to give a nice subtle hint to your lips iykwim.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now