Talk

Advanced search

Honest opinions please - what's the best way to tidy up your ladygarden?

(17 Posts)
Eve4Walle Fri 10-Jul-09 07:58:58

I am off on hols tomorrow and have some spiders poking out of my knickers. blush

I've bought a home waxing kit but am too wimpy I think. Can I just shave it? I used to use the bikini cream many years ago but it's a bit ick isn't it?

TheRealMrsJohnSimm Fri 10-Jul-09 09:10:46

Wouldn't recommend shaving: re-growth is incredibly itchy and you will need to re-do several times over your hols (assuming 2 week break) in order to keep it neat and tidy.

Personally, I would get it waxed at salon. Am also too wimpy to do own wax

MamaLazarou Fri 10-Jul-09 09:32:04

I had a Brazillian wax once - NEVER AGAIN! I screamed the house down, and you'd think it would last a few weeks at least, but I had regrowth only a few days later. I complained to the salon, but they told me hair grows in 'cycles' and it's not until you have had three waxes that you don't get regrowth straight away. hmm

I use a Remington Trim & Shape, which has 5 length settings (the shortest being grade 1) on the main bush, and Immac Sensitive around the edges.

Good luck with your pantular tarantula, and have a lovely hols! x

heavenstobetsy Fri 10-Jul-09 09:45:10

I would say wax, but if you haven't had it done before you might find it leaves marks for a few days which might be more obvious that the hair!

Use the cream - much better than shaving cos no itchy re-growth .......... but start salon waxing when you get back its much better in the long run

Have a great holiday

BobtheWoodmouse Fri 10-Jul-09 09:51:30

Good luck with what your bushwacking.

If you happen to be going on holiday where there's a Sephora store, they do lady garden templates that has me and dd confounded briefly, then amused when we went the other day:

http://www.sephora.fr/browse/product.jhtml?id=P87609&shouldPaginate=true&categoryId=C433

different shapes available too grin

They were on a shelf next to glittery nipple stickers grin

BobtheWoodmouse Fri 10-Jul-09 09:53:08

"Good luck with what your bushwacking."

sorry, meant to say GL with your bushwacking

expatinscotland Fri 10-Jul-09 09:53:45

Bikini/ladyshaver in a pinch.

Otherwise, I'm a Brazilian fan of old myself.

I'd have IPL is a second if I could afford it.

BobtheWoodmouse Fri 10-Jul-09 09:54:17

remember to hyperlink blush

www.sephora.fr/browse/product.jhtml?id=P87609&shouldPaginate=true&categoryId=C433

aGalChangedHerName Fri 10-Jul-09 09:57:40

Get yourself to a salon and get it waxed. It's not that bad honestly.

It's so much easier and theres no missed bits or itchy regrowth.

rimmer08 Mon 13-Jul-09 15:32:19

brazillian wax at a salon-

paddington21 Wed 15-Jul-09 13:26:12

with rimmer on this one. however in this financial climate i have recently opted for nair's course dark hair removal cream which- well got the job done.

shaving is awful the itchy regrowth was enough to bring me to tears

Hassled Wed 15-Jul-09 13:31:12

The home waxing thing is fine - really doesn't hurt that much. Don't shave - itches like hell after a day or so. The cream is all a bit messy and has a tendency to spread itself around so you get random bald patches where you meant to have hair.

triffictits Wed 15-Jul-09 20:16:21

I've bought one of those razors with a trimmer on one end and a razor on the other.

The trimmer is fanstasic - you have different settings, but I use the lowest setting and it removes the lot.

Dont find it itches afterwards either - much better than a razor.

I am too scared to get my lady garden waxed!

rimmer08 Thu 16-Jul-09 09:12:00

i cannot use razors/nair 'down there' as come out in a rash so waxing is only option unless i use electric ladyshave which is shit . i just prefer a wax . it pissing hurts though

Lulubee Thu 16-Jul-09 10:43:08

Slightly O/T - what do you do if you get an ingrown hair? I seem to get at least one every time I wax, got one now and it's really deep - can't even see it - so don't want to start digging aorund trying to retrieve it! blush

rimmer08 Thu 16-Jul-09 13:26:58

ooh difficult one. i suggest gentle exfoliation starting a couple of days after the wax. or a good product to use is bliss ingorwn hair removal pads. you can get them online or in john lewis's if you live near one

mrsmaidamess Thu 16-Jul-09 13:56:25

I bought one of those double ended razors too, a buzzy end and a shavey end. It really is the dogs bolleaux.

But with shaving, only shave in the direction of hair growth. If it's a good enough blade it will get it all off.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now