Talk

Advanced search

I know scrunchies are horrible naff works of the devil but what am I supposed to tie my hair back with?

(10 Posts)
Pennybubbly Fri 10-Jul-09 04:59:07

It's long and fine and slides / clips just glide out. Rubber bands are sinful and elastics just look crap.
So?

RoseOfTheOrient Fri 10-Jul-09 05:46:40

Oh, just use the scrunchies. I know that in SATC, it was said that no-one in New York wore them...but I seem to recall you are in Japan <waves> <I'm in Kanagawa> so no-one is going to bat an eyelid. grin

savoycabbage Fri 10-Jul-09 05:47:17

You could try 'fancy' type elastics like the ones from Boots.

I have just discovered these type of things that are covered buttons.

savoycabbage Fri 10-Jul-09 05:48:24

IO messed up that link... here

traceybath Fri 10-Jul-09 06:44:06

Just used plain hair bands that they sell in boots. I'm blonde so use the fair ones and they're pretty much invisible once in.

saramoon Fri 10-Jul-09 08:59:07

RoseofheOrient - you live in Kanagawa - oooh i used to live in Motoyawata on the outskirts of Tokyo, now back in the UK. I still miss the lovely, lovely Japanese people i met there and the noodle bars i used to go to on the way back from work.
Pennybubbly I sometimes use bobbles that are brown and so are hardly visible once they are in. Also banana clips, which i used to think were a bit naff, are great and you just twist your hair up and put it in and that's it, easy.

currymaid Fri 10-Jul-09 09:01:01

I think elastics probably look a lot less crap than scrunchies.

CMOTdibbler Fri 10-Jul-09 09:01:46

I do banana/ibis clips all the time, and I think they look really neat.

Stone Bridge have a gorgeous selection of hair clips/bands etc

geekgirl Fri 10-Jul-09 09:07:30

<splutter> at StoneBridge prices shock

TrillianAstra Fri 10-Jul-09 09:12:54

Thin elastics look better than scrunchies. And they actually hold better than scrunchies too. Back when I was younger and didn't know any better they were in fashion (or so we thought) I always had to have an elastic under the scrunchie anyway.

I tend to use clips like this.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now