Talk

Advanced search

Please help me to find a necklace to go with this dress

(20 Posts)
ChasingButterflies Thu 09-Jul-09 12:19:35

Have bought this dress

www.mama-la-mode.com/shop/dresses/dress_evening/meg_silk_jersey_dress/WGRN/

for my wedding in August. Now I need a lovely necklace to go with it - any thoughts?
I don't wear a lot of jewellery - am still getting used to wearing an engagement ring! - but would like something nice but not too pricey.

TIA

ninedragons Thu 09-Jul-09 13:02:38

Lovely dress. Are you getting it in the green or is that just the default?

What about this?

Lovely but perhaps a little casual?

Really gorgeous but a bit more expensive than the others.

Tell me if I'm getting warmer and I'll keep looking - I love a good jewellery hunt.

ninedragons Thu 09-Jul-09 13:06:09

One tip if you're out looking in shops is that I found when I was pregnant that small jewellery looked a bit silly. It needs to be quite bold to balance the bump.

ChasingButterflies Thu 09-Jul-09 13:17:21

Thanks ninedragons - lovely ideas.
Yes, the dress is green. Should I be looking for necklaces with green in them, do you think? I am a jewellery novice!
Can't do red (I am pale redhead!) but really like the middle one. Interesting point about balancing the bump! Yes, perhaps something delicate would look a little out of proportion...

ninedragons Thu 09-Jul-09 13:18:30

Me again!

If the dress has blue-ish undertones, labradorite could be a great match. It's generally opalescent black, grey and blue.

Quite subtle

Not subtle at all but a real party necklace

Possibly my favourite yet

ninedragons Thu 09-Jul-09 13:21:01

Sorry, cross-posted so I was busy recommending the loudest red necklace you've ever seen.

Green is hard to match. The undertones have to be exactly right - you can't put a grass green with a sea green.

What do you think about the last labradorite one? The thing about Etsy is that most of the sellers will change things to order, so if you prefer it in silver rather than gold they're usually happy to change.

ninedragons Thu 09-Jul-09 13:38:56

And again...

How far along will you be? If you've got to the Spacehopper boobs stage, something asymmetric would draw the eye up from your bar wench cleavage.

What do you think about this?

What colour/sort of flowers are you having?

ChasingButterflies Fri 10-Jul-09 13:22:01

Thanks ninedragons - sorry, was dragged away yesterday!

I will be about 7 months pg, so pretty spacehopper-like all round! Not sure if having flowers yet.

If I were to go to an actual shop to try some necklaces on, where would you recommend? You seem very knowledgeable smile

Louloumum Fri 10-Jul-09 19:28:26

How about this one?

my own personal favourite

brokenspacebar Fri 10-Jul-09 20:25:18

here are few that caught my eye...
locket & earrings.jpgwith matching earrings colour probably won't be right
from adili beads.

windswept

sophie pendant

pretty

shhhh Fri 10-Jul-09 20:27:03

what about pearls..? either cream of see if they do a green set,,>

shhhh Fri 10-Jul-09 20:27:03

what about pearls..? either cream of see if they do a green set,,>

brokenspacebar Fri 10-Jul-09 20:27:16

pearls

daisy because I reallly like it.

brokenspacebar Fri 10-Jul-09 20:31:41

CB your dress is lovely btw..

shhhh Fri 10-Jul-09 20:31:45

here

shhhh Fri 10-Jul-09 20:32:30

or this

shhhh Fri 10-Jul-09 20:33:29

lovely mix of colours in this

ChasingButterflies Sat 11-Jul-09 13:02:09

Wow, so many lovely choices there - now have them all up on my screen and will take a good look.
Thank you all!

brokenspacebar Sat 11-Jul-09 23:21:26

Did you find anything you liked, Chasing?

ninedragons Sun 12-Jul-09 02:33:38

Can't recommend a shop, I'm afraid, as I'm not in the UK. I remember Accessorise as being satisfyingly sparkly some years and a complete mess in other years, so it depends on whether they've got their act together this year or not!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now