Talk

Advanced search

Why does the underwire keep coming out of my bras ??

(5 Posts)
Tillyscoutsmum Wed 08-Jul-09 21:47:54

I've got quite a few bras where the underwire has "poked through" the fabric and digs into my skin.

I've been measured and they are otherwise comfortable so I don't think they're the wrong size.

It happens with cheap ones and more expensive ones.

I did hear a filthy rumour that all underwired bras were supposed to be hand washed but surely no one actually does that do they ??

Anyone else ? Or do I just have weird shaped norks or something hmm

policywonk Wed 08-Jul-09 21:51:25

Um yeah, it's the washing I'm afraid. I don't handwash mine, but I did start putting them in with the delicates a few years back, and I haven't had the dreaded pokey underwire problem since.

Tillyscoutsmum Wed 08-Jul-09 21:54:48

Oooh - there's a delicates cycle on my machine I think [lazy slattern who bungs everything on a 40 degree wash emoticon]

I'm going to have to do something - I've only had these last ones a few weeks and they're already knackered sad

Lilymaid Wed 08-Jul-09 22:03:22

Wash on delicates in a washing bag - that way, if the wire comes out it doesn't wreck the machine.

beardydad Thu 09-Jul-09 22:26:29

I agree with the other posters. Either use a washing bag or a pillow case. I don't worry about delicate cycles etc, just jam it in there!
Has a wire got jammed in your machine yet? You'll think it's about to blow up !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now