Talk

Advanced search

Help! Swimwear if have tiny boobs but chunky thighs ...

(15 Posts)
wishingchair Wed 08-Jul-09 15:21:12

Am a pear shape but about a size 12 pear shape. Reasonably well toned top arms, shoulders etc, small boobs (34A post babies - sob), smallish waist but wrinkly tum (had v.big babies and now have super-stretched skin ... not muffin top but not attractive), but then chunky thighs with cellulite, chunky knees, calves and ankles. I wear a lot of wide legged trousers to disguise them.

So what would you recommend? Have discovered halternecks are a bit more flattering on the boobs ... but then what? Tankini? One piece? Normal bikini and sod the wrinkly tummy problem?? High leg, boy leg, short leg????

Am going shopping on Friday and have limited time and patience so want to be prepared to swoop in on only the stuff that has a chance of looking good.

bleh Wed 08-Jul-09 15:57:21

Go for High Leg, as boy shorts etc. cut a straight line across, and hence will make your thighs look chunkier than they are (which is Not Good). Maybe something like this?

mrsmaidamess Wed 08-Jul-09 16:11:07

Get a top that has ruffles, pleats going down the cup, a busy pattern, something that will give the illusion of more up top. I would go for a reasonably high cut bikini pant...I bought a great pair in Primark, black with a little bit of tummy control. V flattering.

As has been said oft on here NO ONE will care what you look like,they will be too busy obsessing about themselves in swimwear.smile

wishingchair Wed 08-Jul-09 16:18:40

That is a very good point mrsmaidamess. I absolutely KNOW I will get there and then think "what on earth was I worrying about". DH though is v.worried as place we're staying has specified no 'shorts-style' trunks but instead speedo style grin

mrsmaidamess Wed 08-Jul-09 16:57:46

Coo! A lemon yellow thong for him then

giantkatestacks Wed 08-Jul-09 16:59:25

no shorts style trunks...?[mind boggles and then feels quite sick]

moonshine Wed 08-Jul-09 17:00:10

I'm intrigued - what kind of place specifies that you can't wear 'shorts-style' trunks???

mrsmaidamess Wed 08-Jul-09 17:01:36

<whispers> Maybe its one of those 'swingers' resorts...no shorts are allowed because they want to see what goods you are advertising....

giantkatestacks Wed 08-Jul-09 17:09:06

I would spend my whole holiday pointing and gaffawing at DPs distress - it would be an absolute hoot...

giantkatestacks Wed 08-Jul-09 17:10:29

Oh and I have got a high leg stripey halterneck from top shop and some primark control tankini thing as well for my hols - being similar to you up top and stomach-wise grr.

wishingchair Thu 09-Jul-09 09:28:42

It's a Eurocamp in France (def not swingers grin). I read through the info and sent them an email askin gif this meant speedos and they replied basically yes: shorts style were banned because a man could in theory walk all over the place in them because they look like shorts, sit on grass, pick up bits of foliage and debris on them and then get into the pool and contaminate it. Needless to say I read this out to DH, barely containing my guffaws. He is refusing to wear speedos and instead will look for something more substantial but still clinging (hotpants??!!). Just hilarious.

(will try topshop ... thanks giantkatestacks)

giantkatestacks Thu 09-Jul-09 11:24:45

Wow - is he actually going to go for the full-on Daniel Craig then? We'll expect pictures...

NoFurtherQuestions Thu 09-Jul-09 11:27:50

Message withdrawn

wishingchair Thu 09-Jul-09 17:53:52

nofurtherquestions ... I love love love the one you're keeping. That is really nice and ticks all the boxes you kind ladies have taught me ... busy top bit, control tummy, high leg. Perfect. Will get ordering.

Daniel Craig ... I think that;s the look he's going for but ... how to put it ... he hasn't been putting in quite the same number of hours in the gym as 007. I suspect all photos will be deleted before we land on British soil.

wishingchair Thu 09-Jul-09 17:54:56

Dammit. Out of stock. Will head into town tomorrow and have a look.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now