Talk

Advanced search

So is the Boden rainyday mac naff now that it is in the sale?!

(11 Posts)
Caz10 Wed 08-Jul-09 13:22:47

Or was it naff already?
Or is it OK?
I have just received the pink one - I like it but am feeling that I shouldn't!

HarlotOTara Wed 08-Jul-09 14:36:00

If you like it why worry? One person's naff is another person's stylish

brokenspacebar Wed 08-Jul-09 14:43:12

patterned or plain print? I think on a rainy day it will look fine, I don't think it is high fashion but who cares?... if it is practical, comfortable, keeps you dry and you feel good wearing it on a bogging wet day?

Caz10 Wed 08-Jul-09 15:06:56

patterned...very patterned!
def not high fashion - maybe too mumsy?! But it was half price and I can't resist a bargain!

brokenspacebar Wed 08-Jul-09 17:37:31

Nah, not mumsy, that is a state of mind.wink

Caz10 Wed 08-Jul-09 20:32:28

grin

too true, ok i will flounce about in my flowery mac and be proud!

Diege Thu 09-Jul-09 09:17:58

Mine's just arrived - same one CAZ grin. I have hung it up on coat rack but have kept packaging...really not sure. Don't think it's mumsy as such, but not sure it's 'me' either. Are you def keeping your's? grin

Caz10 Thu 09-Jul-09 20:06:37

Yes, I ripped the tissue paper off the buttons in a final act of committment yesterday! grin
Did you get the pink/brown one? I actually really like it!
Now let's hope you don't live next door to me! grin

Diege Fri 10-Jul-09 09:01:23

grin Well, I've actually decided to return mine after all - more to do with the fit (arms too long) than anything else though - looked a bit like I was dressing up in my gran's housecoat grin). Had ripped off paper on buttons though as figured I couldn't try it on properly without doing buttons up - hope I'm right there!
It is a lovely coat though, (I would have kept if fitted) and I'm sure you will be safe from clones...having said that I'm in a very 'Bodeny' area and have on occasion bumped into other Boden-ites wearing same coat (winter rainy day mac); we've just joked about it and the awkwardness of the moment passed grin. Other than the coat am very pleased with my sale bits - am sitting with towelling beach dress over my PJs as I type and Ibizian tunic looks fab on...

fruitstick Fri 10-Jul-09 09:54:26

I ordered the bright green one. It looked great from the back but once you factored my face it was all a bit too much grin

Shame because I loved it and it is not naff at all.

Caz10 Fri 10-Jul-09 14:08:31

It was only pink left in my size by the time I got to it...

It fits well but i am now worried about the effect of my face...grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now