Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Oilily gone bankrupt?

(9 Posts)
Podrick Wed 08-Jul-09 09:35:07

I have just read that Oilily, the weird dutch kids clothing company have gone bankrupt! I loved their quirky stuff after having second hand stuff passed on to me - I could never afford it full price but they had a lot of 70% off sales in their London store!

<<wipes a tear>>

LynetteScavo Wed 08-Jul-09 09:40:26

Realy? But then I only know one person who was prepared to fork out for it.

Podrick Wed 08-Jul-09 09:44:33

Yes it was far too pricey - but so original and fun sad

artichokes Wed 08-Jul-09 09:44:42

Oooh, I wonder if there is a liquidation sale...

Podrick Wed 08-Jul-09 09:47:00

I expect there is some bankrupt stock somewhere although the European stores closed a while ago and the USA ones marched on a bit longer apparently

It was such a nutty brand

LynetteScavo Wed 08-Jul-09 09:50:40

I'll be keeping my eye out at TK MAXX - but then I'm not sure whether I actually like the stuff or not, although I did secretly covet a changing bag....

geekgirl Wed 08-Jul-09 09:50:45

I loved their stuff but there was no way I would have spent that kind of money on clothes - if only they'd been a bit cheaper. They must have had a tiny customer base at those prices. I am sure Oilily used to be more reasonable - I had some Oilily clothes as a child and my mum wouldn't have bought them if they had been as outrageously priced then.

init Wed 22-Jul-09 22:06:45

It's tough to see the economy having such a strong effect on such great brands. You might still be able to find some of their products at www.trendytogs.com

joliejolie Thu 23-Jul-09 00:38:38

Bit sad, this brand has been going for many years.
I wore a few Oilily cast-offs as a child!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now