Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

What is it with Boden sizing? I'm cross.

(11 Posts)
unavailable Wed 08-Jul-09 08:42:31

I got my crinkle linen dress yesterday - it's too big. I have another boden dress in the same size that is too small (albeit a closer fitting style) and a skirt supposedly a size smaller that is very roomy.

Am I just unlucky or is their sizing all over the place?

Dorothyredboots Wed 08-Jul-09 09:46:17

I think their sizing is all over the place. I tend to get the tape measure out and use the sizes given on the internet to compare to an existing, well fitting, garment. Does not always work but has reduced the number of returns. I also spend ages reading the reviews on line as they often mention any fit/sizing issues. I just think of it the same as a shop - I often try on loads of stuff and nothing fits because the sizing is 'off'. But basically you are not alone!

TheRealMrsJohnSimm Wed 08-Jul-09 09:50:22

Yep, sizing all over the place, ime.

Also find that a lot of their fabrics "give". I recently bought a pair of straight leg crops in an 8 and 10. The 8 were definitely tight but the waist on the 10 was stupidly wide. I kept the 8's thinking I would "slim into them" So glad I did because the first time I wore them (having not slimmed into them but wearing long-ish tunic top to cover bumps), the fabric stretched and became comfortably and flatteringly loose over my problem areas .

Fimbo Wed 08-Jul-09 09:54:43

I find this too. I have a couple of tops from them, which are exactly the same but different colours and one fits perfectly the other is slightly tight.

muffle Wed 08-Jul-09 09:59:53

<puts fingers in ears>

la la laaa I am wearing boden size "12" jeans, they fit hmm, surely their sizing is perfect

thegrowlygus Wed 08-Jul-09 16:12:02

I'm with you muffle - my size 14 skirt from them is - gasp - TOO BIG. So clearly they are perfect on the sizing and the weight is just falling off me!

freeasabird Wed 08-Jul-09 16:23:26

oh im glad im not the only one, my dress arrived today and i am a size 16 and its too tight, really annoying.

OrmIrian Wed 08-Jul-09 16:27:02

I have 2 skirts in the same style, different colours. One fits OK, the other is loose.

unavailable Wed 08-Jul-09 21:39:34

Oh, and while I am grumbling, they charged £4.00 for p&p and it was sent 2nd class!

I shall be sending it back 2nd class and bet it wont cost half as much (altho' it shouldnt cost anything as I am only sending it back becuase Jonnie doesnt know his size 10 from his size 14.)

Rant over.

rupertsabear Wed 08-Jul-09 21:47:41

Don't forget to comment on the site: I use the customer comments to work out what size to get for my boys, as their kids sizing is also really random.

(Brilliant customer service though ime, really faultless).

unavailable Thu 09-Jul-09 11:32:27

I have done, rupert.

The reply I got advised me to contact them about any particular "garment specification" before purchase, but I shant be doing that.

If they cant be bothered to make sure their clothing sizes are consistant I cant be bothered to buy from them again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now