Talk

Advanced search

ST Tropez everyday- the £13 in boots- any good girls?

(18 Posts)
paddington21 Tue 07-Jul-09 16:37:43

hello all i have been toying with buying this everyday stuff as dp hates fake tan smell and i am rubbish at applying it- were talking looking like i ran through mud.
Also i dont want to look too dark too quick.

So anyone had any experiences with this. I did search it but my pc obviously doesnt like searching i only got an error page.

Thank you in advance

mrsmaidamess Tue 07-Jul-09 16:39:00

I rate St tropez everyday. I use the lotion in the tube. I even put it on my face.

Ewe Tue 07-Jul-09 16:39:09

I really like it, much better than dove/johnsons holiday skin products.

docket Tue 07-Jul-09 16:41:42

I really like it as well. I have used the Dove/Johnson's stuff before and just looked streaky and orange. This is more natural IMO

paddington21 Tue 07-Jul-09 16:58:45

right then off i pop to boots thank you very much for your help. a subtle tan for the weekend with the girls

TheRealMrsJohnSimm Wed 08-Jul-09 09:40:22

Can't go wrong with it, imo

christiana Wed 08-Jul-09 10:04:04

Message withdrawn

fairybubbles Wed 08-Jul-09 14:21:03

I agree with others, it is good.

I got mine from TKMax for £5, a bargain grin

It gives you a nice colour and it lasts about 4-5 days.

MadameCastafiore Wed 08-Jul-09 14:22:00

The spray onone is the best - is that the one you mean?

Vamonos Wed 08-Jul-09 15:05:59

You still get the fake tan smell with St Tropez - all fake tans have it and there's no avoiding it sadly!

Those of you who rate it, can I ask why? I've got the St Tropez Everyday spray on one, and while it's okay and not as strong as the 'full strength' ones, it still smells and turns my skin the same orangey colour, so basically isn't any different really, just a bit more dilute.

I also find I have to use it outdoors or I end up covering everything around me with spray!

missmelly Wed 08-Jul-09 15:28:54

I wasnt fussed over the St Tropez everyday moisturiser.. i felt it took too long to build up a colour, and after a while the bottle still went that funny smell, as they all do.

tennisaddict Wed 08-Jul-09 15:44:30

I like it

It gives a browny, rather than orange colour (although I am already brown, so that may help)

No streaks whatsover, nor "tram lines" on the inside of your arm

I don't use it every day though, it is too rich and will stain your clothes (apart from the £££ that is costs)

It is also a very good moisturizer, unlike some of the Dove/Johnsons stuff

Sammy74 Wed 08-Jul-09 17:08:29

I bought the body and the face everyday from TK Maxx. It is the best fake tan I have ever used. No streaks whatsover and you get a great, natural looking tan within 3 days. I usually end up orange and blotchy with fake tans and I have tried loads but this one is great!

monkeysmama Wed 08-Jul-09 22:46:50

I like it too-the Everday body cream. I've tried the Dove, Johnsons & Garnier ones & St T one is by far the best. But it does smell.

jujumaman Thu 09-Jul-09 17:31:16

I like it and the smell is nothing compared to some

But it lasts no time at all and costs, so only used in the build up to v special occasions

nappyaddict Thu 09-Jul-09 17:43:42

Vamonos is that the airbrush one that's £18? I want to try the St Tropez Everyday lotion or mousse.

MrsBoo Thu 09-Jul-09 17:55:00

I tried the new everday cream, which comes in a tube from St Tropez, but I was disappointed with it. Its a nice smell though - I thought it was a bit greasy and didn't really dry for ages. It cost £13 from Boots
So I have gone back to normal St Tropez mousse which is more ££, but really easy to use, and dries in about one minute. Either apply in the morning, you can see what bits you have done and wash off the residue at night, or apply at night before bed (wear old jammies) and wash off residue in morning.

Vamonos Thu 09-Jul-09 22:06:01

Nappyaddict - yes it's the Everyday 'airbrush' one I've got (actually it's just a bog standard aerosol can, not what I'd imagine an 'airbrush' to be!). Can't remember how much it was as bought it last summer.

It doesn't have any fantastic moisturising properties that I've noticed, and even before the rank fake tan smell kicks in, it doesn't smell all that great. And it's just as streaky as all the others <sigh>

I fear that fake tan and I are just not a match made in heaven... sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now