Talk

Advanced search

frumpy flats or risk looking like a tottering tit in heels? wedding shoes advice please

(19 Posts)
deaconblue Mon 06-Jul-09 21:09:04

have a gorgeous dress to wear to a couple of weddings this summer. Have found shoes which are perfect except they are much higher than I would normally choose. They look so good though and hte dress really does need high heels. What do you reckon?

mrsmaidamess Mon 06-Jul-09 21:10:19

Always go for the heels. You can always take a packet of plasters in your clutch bag.

BarefootShirl Mon 06-Jul-09 21:16:42

Go for the heels - you will look and feel great and you can always take them off when you get to the reception.

fishie Mon 06-Jul-09 21:17:44

link link link

mogs0 Mon 06-Jul-09 21:21:32

I'd say heels too!! I've bought a gorgeous pair of dangerously high wedges for my friend's wedding and just realised that I haven't bought an outfit yet to go with them!!!

PrincessToadstool Mon 06-Jul-09 21:22:33

Can you wear wedges? Much easier to walk in...?

deaconblue Mon 06-Jul-09 21:26:42

mmm are New Look but have just been through a zillion shoes on their website and can't find them.
Dress is Coast (don't tell me not to wear Coast to weddiings coz everyone does as I love it and it's not a Coast type wedding)

deaconblue Mon 06-Jul-09 21:27:53

wedges would be better but the shoes are peacock blue to pick up flashes on the dress and are exactly the right colour.

deaconblue Mon 06-Jul-09 21:31:06

can't find the dress online either but is the same colour/pattern as this one but empire line , just below the knee
dress

deaconblue Mon 06-Jul-09 21:37:15

aha here they are:
shoes

CoffeeCrazedMama Mon 06-Jul-09 22:19:51

If it helps, my teenage dd1 has quite a collection of very high heels from New Look, and always claims they are deceptively comfortable. (I, on other hand, am too clumsy to dare try them blush.

fishie Mon 06-Jul-09 22:28:54

10cm heels is not wildly tottering. but you might feel more comfortable with a thicker sole if you don't wear heels, here wedges

lovely fabric, himalayan poppy?

chaosisawayoflife Tue 07-Jul-09 10:03:23

New Look heels are really comfortable, don't know why but they are! I'm getting married in 2 1/2 weeks and wearing New Look shoes and hoping that I can wear them all day as the dress will be too long if I have to take them off.
Could you have a pair of flats in your handbag just in case? You can get those folding ones that don't take up much space, hang on and I'll have a google.

chaosisawayoflife Tue 07-Jul-09 10:04:33

found them!

hobbgoblin Tue 07-Jul-09 10:06:04

Hold on, hold on...

Maxi dress = flats not heels.

KingRolo Tue 07-Jul-09 10:08:11

Wear your heels and take some pretty flats just in case you need them later on for dancing.

codinbatter Tue 07-Jul-09 10:08:47

Is it a marquee/lawns type wedding? If so, wedges are more practical than stilettos.
But have just looked at the shoes - they are lovely.

Flats in a maxi dress not a good idea - you will be trailing in the mud.

stripes200 Tue 07-Jul-09 10:09:31

Buy some party feet, take plasters and whenever you're sitting down slip them off.

It's only one day and wearing heels will make you feel more glam, wear them and have fun smile

deaconblue Thu 09-Jul-09 20:21:46

no dress isn't the maxi one I linked to. It's the same pattern, colours etc but is a knee length empire line dress - hence heels. Am too short for maxi dresses I think

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now