Talk

Advanced search

Oooh, I SO want this dress

(26 Posts)
TrillianAstra Mon 06-Jul-09 17:06:29

This one

TrillianAstra Mon 06-Jul-09 17:12:52

Come on, make me buy it!

Or tell me that it's ridiculous and impractical.

Either way, ceom and talk to me!

hatesponge Mon 06-Jul-09 17:14:05

how weird is that... I was just looking at the v same dress about 5 mins ago & thinking how nice it was!

Would you go for the black or purple? I love the latter but think i would wear it more if I got the black

Lizzylou Mon 06-Jul-09 17:14:28

It is lovely
Buy it

hatesponge Mon 06-Jul-09 17:15:20

buy it!

I will then feel compelled to buy one as well grin

TrillianAstra Mon 06-Jul-09 17:16:09

Love the purple. I'd feel like I was wearing a very attention-seeking outfit in either, so I figure why not go the whole way and have the purple?

Unless the colour isn't so nice in RL. Maybe I should order both and send back the one that's less nice (don't want to order purple, decide colour is no good, and then have to pay for delivery again if I order the black).

yama Mon 06-Jul-09 17:19:16

Don't buy black - you probably won't want to wear black on a lovely hot summer day.

Get the purple. Go on, go on, go on.

TrillianAstra Mon 06-Jul-09 17:19:24

Hmm, no-one has any codes for ASOS do they?

MerlinsBeard Mon 06-Jul-09 17:21:19

buy it! I want it but unfortunatly my lack of height and norkage would make me look incredibly STUPID in it

chocolateshoes Mon 06-Jul-09 17:21:40

ohhhhhhhhh I love it - and now I want one. Need to justify...hmmmmm. Purple is lovely but like black too. Have never bought from Asos - what are the sizes like?

TrillianAstra Mon 06-Jul-09 17:26:07

I don't know their sizes either, I'll assume they are medium-to-stingy. My rule of thumb is that the older the target market of a shop the more generous their sizing.

I'm 5'7 and have not much norkage so I think I can get away with it, only problem would be if dress wasn't long enough.

Merrylegs Mon 06-Jul-09 17:32:06

OK - it is v. nicely dress BUT think about that bow, people..

Will you be spending ages tying it so it sits just right, and then you will get it perfect one time and never be able to recreate the ideal knot again?

And then perhaps it will slip... (especially if not much norkage to hold it up.)

Just putting the 'ridiculous' and 'impractical' argument across.

Well, you did ask....smile

missmelly Mon 06-Jul-09 17:34:21

I bought it!!
it arrived on Saturday..

a couple of problems - it is VERY see through.. if you're standing in the light you can see all the shape of your legs through it.

I am also concerned that it's not tight enough across the chest and if you happened to trip over the skirt part, could inadvertently flash the world.

Im reluctant to return it, and am thinking of sewing on a little tie to go round my neck.

I got the black one btw

missmelly Mon 06-Jul-09 17:36:19

oh and dont worry about not being tall enough, Im 6ft and it's plenty long enough (with me in flats of course)

TrillianAstra Mon 06-Jul-09 17:45:10

I'm buying it!

Thanks Merrylegs - I will bear all of that in mind. But I'm buying it anyway! grin

SparkyFartDust Mon 06-Jul-09 17:46:22

good choice, tis lovely.

OrmIrian Mon 06-Jul-09 17:51:31

Ooh it's very nice. I couldn't get away with it though - too broad across the chest.

MumGoneCrazy Mon 06-Jul-09 18:01:43

Ooohhh i love it but im way to short (5ft) to wear a dress like that sadenvy

ThePhantomPlopper Mon 06-Jul-09 18:17:02

Oh I like that, too short at 5ft 4 though.

TrillianAstra Mon 06-Jul-09 18:26:13

grin 5 ft is definitely too short, 5ft 4 might get away with it, but if it fits missmelly at 6ft then this particular one might be too long.

ThePhantomPlopper Mon 06-Jul-09 18:27:27

I'm tempted.

I have high wedges.

TrillianAstra Mon 06-Jul-09 18:37:54

Ah g'wan.

princessmel Mon 06-Jul-09 18:38:53

Its lovely.

The bow thing will be fine.

Get the purple.

missmelly Mon 06-Jul-09 18:44:17

it's about an inch above my ankle....

can i just say ladies, it's VERY see through.. if you hold the fabric across your palm you can very clearly see your hand through it. My other half thought it was hilarious when I had it on as he could quite clearly see everything. If I keep mine, it will be for the beach only unfortunately

ThePhantomPlopper Mon 06-Jul-09 18:50:10

I've ordered it, but got a 6 as I have tiny boobs.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now