Talk

Advanced search

How much would you expect to pay for a colour?

(8 Posts)
Abubu Mon 06-Jul-09 16:50:38

Hi,

I've just called up my hairdresser to book in for a colour and have been told that a root touch up and a few foils will be £115. shock

Am I being naive about prices nowadays or is that absolutely extortionate?

I would buy a pack of Nice n easy if I had someone to help me see the back of my head!

Also can anyone recommend any decent (but cheaper) salons in the Surrey / Middlesex area? smile

Thanks!

Ewe Mon 06-Jul-09 16:53:24

I pay £19 for a demi colour all over but no foils. I would expect to pay about £60 for what you have described.

I am in Surrey but it is an independent and I think they are really reasonable. Is your salon part of a chain? They are the most expensive in my experience apart from boutique/uber trendy salons.

minko Mon 06-Jul-09 17:26:29

I spent £89 this morning for half a head of foils and a demi colour all over (and a cut). Seems about average, is quite a smart salon. I'm in Surrey too btw.

triffictits Mon 06-Jul-09 19:29:44

I pay £110 for a colour and cut now. Thats since I changed to a cheaper hairdresser - I used to pay more!

I think its about average to be honest...it is a lot of money when it needs doing every 6 weeks like mine does shock

Tinker Mon 06-Jul-09 19:31:51

Does that include a cut? I'm always staggered about how much professional colouring costs. How often does it have to be done?

nigglewiggle Mon 06-Jul-09 19:32:18

I paid £76 for a cut and colour with highlights. That seemed expensive to me so your price seems extortionate, but I'm oooop North!

flowerybeanbag Mon 06-Jul-09 19:33:00

I pay about £95 for half a head of highlights and a cut and bd.

southeastastra Mon 06-Jul-09 19:34:29

£55 for full head foil highlights, not a poncey salon though

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now