Talk

Advanced search

Anybody know of a shimmer body moisturiser

(20 Posts)
Icantbelieveit Mon 06-Jul-09 11:27:06

I would like a body cream that gives skin a shimmer/sparkle but doesn't have any colour in it, all the ones I've seen are fake tan with shimmer in it.

Does anybody know of a good one? Thanks!

missmelly Mon 06-Jul-09 11:34:48

doesnt Nivea do one?

kate34 Mon 06-Jul-09 20:16:07

I was looking for one a few weeks ago-have had the Nivea one in the past but they don't seem to make it any more. All I could find was the Body Shop Coconut Shimmer Body Lotion-has LOADS of shimmer but no colour. I mix it with another lotion because it really has tons of shimmer. Was around £8 I think

Lulumama Mon 06-Jul-09 20:17:35

i have one from soap & glory called Glowtion which is a nice , pearlescent shimmer but not coloured IFYSWIM

AnyFucker Mon 06-Jul-09 20:17:48

Dove do one, that doesn't have any false tan in it

expatinscotland Mon 06-Jul-09 20:18:17

I have a Soap and Glory spray one, but it's not shimmery enough and the lotion definitely isn't!

I'm going to go a nice, bit Boots in a real city and ask an employee to show me what's on offer.

Mix it with your self-tanner, or, apply your self-tanner at night and then your shimmer in the morning.

expatinscotland Mon 06-Jul-09 20:22:15

Palmer's used to do a lovely one that was cheap as chips, too.

sad

rachaelsara Mon 06-Jul-09 20:22:19

The Body Shop Coconut Shimmer body butter, £12 for 500ml. Really lovely and shimmery and smells like holiday!

mumtoted Mon 06-Jul-09 20:41:06

I use Umispa palm milk & guava body moisturiser from Waitrose. It doesn't say it has a shimmer to it (says 'for radiance') but it definitely has. Sitting outside the other day even my dh commented on it! I love it.

hatesponge Mon 06-Jul-09 20:42:46

Primark do one (unlikely I know) It smells quite nice as well & is about £2

lambanana Mon 06-Jul-09 22:20:05

LuLu you dont happen to know whether your Glowtion is the same as one Ultima II used to do do you?

Ultima II was made by Revlon but the line was discontinued. I used to adore their Glowtion and also a perfume they did called Sheer Scent.

Icantbelieveit Mon 06-Jul-09 22:20:50

Thanks all!!
I don't have much, well any, time to go in search of this so I really need to know what I'm looking for go in and grab it.
It's for my wedding I wanted to look shimmery but not coloured, so hopefully one of these will do the job smile.

BottySpottom Tue 07-Jul-09 00:06:53

Good luck in finding something. I have used the Body Shop Coconut one too smile

supersalstrawberry Tue 07-Jul-09 00:35:38

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Lulumama Tue 07-Jul-09 07:11:16

it is a similar sheen to some of the ultima stuff.. could be..but don;t think the brands are related

mumtoted Tue 07-Jul-09 08:24:35

When's the wedding? Congratulations, have a wonderful
day & hope the weather is kind to you!

Icantbelieveit Tue 07-Jul-09 14:03:58

I have ordered the dove lotion with my tesco groceries, it should be coming today hopefully.
I'm not sure I want to smell of Dove as I wanted to wear perfume but I'll see how it goes. I'll try to find the tesco own brand one too.

The wedding is in October so I have 3 months to go still! But I'm trying to get things organised early, still have to get the rings, flowers, DJ (!).... but I'll have my body shimmer grin

AnyFucker Tue 07-Jul-09 18:16:14

< punches the air !! >

yessss, I win

< runs around whoo-whoooo'ing >

yama Tue 07-Jul-09 18:18:34

Superdrug do one which is cheap and was recommended by Gok Wan.

I have it and it is rather nice.

Clure Tue 07-Jul-09 18:36:52

Body shop Cranberry shimmery body lotion. Its usually around near christmas but a lot of the shops (and on line) have it in their sales. This is a REALLY shimmery sparkly lotion!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now