Talk

Advanced search

Dress to wear for a night out! Please help

(6 Posts)
mammyscruffbag Sun 05-Jul-09 17:42:13

Hi there,

Was wondering if you could kindly help me find a going out dress to wear next weekend (think bars/club) Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!

It's a friends hen night and would really love the excuse to treat myself but after trailing round the shops all day. can't find a thing sad

I'm a size 14/16. Need sleeves (arms abit very fat). Am thinking knee length.

The girls I'm out with are a trendy bunch so could do with looking ok (rather than like their mother) I'm only 26 by the way, but 3 kids later I'm feeling older than my days.

Thanks very much.

Any help will be sooooooooo appreciated.

mammyscruffbag Sun 05-Jul-09 17:48:43

What do you think of this? Not sure if I'm too fat big for this sort of pattern.

www.warehouse.co.uk/fcp/product/fashion/Dresses/peacock-feather-wrap-dress/12544

notyummy Sun 05-Jul-09 18:02:19

I like! Wrap dresses generally v flattering. What sort of shape are you? Good and bad bits?

mammyscruffbag Sun 05-Jul-09 18:14:43

Do you think it will be short though?
Legs ok (with very high heels) but don't think I can carry off short!
I'd say I'm probably an hourglass. Boobs ok with a good great bra, slimish waste, tummy not great though. (Have got lots of magic undies though)

Thanks so much for your help notyummy.
I'm so rubbish at shopping. Used to be my fav thing ever.

mammyscruffbag Sun 05-Jul-09 18:15:29

5 ft 6 ish height-wise!

notyummy Sun 05-Jul-09 22:32:02

Wrap dress PERFECT for hourglass. Looks like a kneelength dress to me, and should look great with heels. Magic undies def a good idea - I always wear them when I want a bit of a confidence boost.

Only other though would be a maxi dress with wedges - not sure if that would be as flattering though, because your waistline would perhaps be lost?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now