Talk

Advanced search

Please help me decide between these 2 dress for a (fairly smart) Sunday Wedding

(16 Posts)
Danceswithchickens Sat 04-Jul-09 22:42:52

Chantelle Dress

this style but in a burnt orange shade with black ribbon

Both colours are good on me (brown hair/brown eyes), just not sure which style is best suited.

Bride & groom, are late 20's, so assuming a younger (18 years) than me crowd.

lisad123 Sat 04-Jul-09 22:45:03

depends on how big your boobs and shoulders are. I like the 2nd one but no good if you have large boobs or big shoulders.

Tommy Sat 04-Jul-09 22:46:03

Peronally, I think the Chantell one is more weddingy (but, really, I knoe nothing about fashion and/or style so I hope someone useful comes along soon grin)

Quattrocento Sat 04-Jul-09 22:48:06

I like the colour of the second one but am not sure it is right for a wedding - it's more of an evening dress.

You really need to post a pic of the hat/shoes/bag too. What about jacket?

Danceswithchickens Sat 04-Jul-09 22:54:50

ahh, well I have good shoulders & good boobs grin (shame about the wobbly bottom)

Will have a pashmina in case of chills. Probably wear gold sandals with pink dress. Not sure about the brick coloured dress, maybe black (boring) shoes ? No hats.

The sales assistant said the 2nd one was more evening-y. The wedding is at 1:30pm with an evening reception, which, will probably be fairly tame....?

EldonAve Sat 04-Jul-09 23:02:18

so no bra issues then?
what about cost per wear? I prefer the blue but it is over twice the price

simplesusan Sat 04-Jul-09 23:27:06

Both nice but I think the first one (pink) is more suitable for a wedding.

brokenspacebar Sun 05-Jul-09 00:19:01

I prefer the second one.... keep everything else understated with it?

OllieWollieWoo Sun 05-Jul-09 06:46:22

I love the Chantelle dress - tried it on in black a few weeks ago and v flattering. Off topic - but where has the black one gone from the website????!!!! Was it in the sale too and sold out? (I've been away for a couple of weeks!) Was thinking of treating myself!

Danceswithchickens Sun 05-Jul-09 10:40:05

the purple one is also in the sale.

The second dress isn't blue, it's brick red with a black sash - I couldn't find a picture of it in the colour I have !

wifeofdoom Sun 05-Jul-09 12:16:30

I like the second one - think its fine for a wedding any time of day.

Clure Sun 05-Jul-09 13:01:16

the second dress is lovely and I think if you keep everything else simple then it will be fine for a wedding

Danceswithchickens Sun 05-Jul-09 19:44:20

thank you for your input.

Just given DH & DD's a fashion show - there was another dress Ted Baker Waterfall as well, but in the cold (hot?) light of day, dress 1 is the winner. Although feeling a bit snug after a dessert of strawberries & cream blush.

Dress 2 is lovely, but too shiny, I'm not tall/vampy enough to carry it off, although I did think it looked nice in the shop - clever mirrors/lighting methinks.

EldonAve Sun 05-Jul-09 22:45:49

Sorry I missed that the 2nd one was a diff colour blush

I am waiting for the same Ted Baker dress to arrive - I bought it in blue

Danceswithchickens Mon 06-Jul-09 10:31:00

no worries smile

The Ted Baker dress is lovely, it's very light - I didn't see it in blue - did you get it in John Lewis ?

I did see this gorgeous dress though blue silk from Planet, similar style - for £99. Didn't have my size though. I'm loving these styles grin

EldonAve Mon 06-Jul-09 10:50:13

I found the TB dress in their Cov Gdn shop but they didn't have my size, tracked in down in Peter Jones

I never saw the pink ones

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now