Talk

Advanced search

How do I protect my boobs from further sagginess?!

(6 Posts)
WibblyPigRocks Sat 04-Jul-09 21:32:46

I've always had small boobs and thus never really thought about their welfare. However, now that I have one pregnancy and a year of breastfeeding behind me, I realise they need a bit more TLC!

I was an A cup before I fell pregnant and I haven't been measured again as yet because it's only been 10 days since I stopped breastfeeding and I want to give them time to settle down. However, in the last day or two I've realised my bras are too big again. Boooooo!

Obviously, I'm going to get measured again but where's best? What other things should I be doing to avoid the 'balloons a week after the party' look?

Thanks!

coppola Sat 04-Jul-09 21:35:34

I think that they recover a bit actually, worst time is always just after stopping breastfeeding (well imo)

Moisturise + bra + fingers crossed, can't do more really, bar surgery.

TuttiFrutti Sat 04-Jul-09 21:37:36

Rigby & Peller are fantastic for measuring, but I think they're only in London and don't know where you are. Some department stores are good but it's very hit and miss. Personally I don't rate M&S.

Wear a good bra, with lots of support, even though you are small. That's probably all you can do to limit sagginess! And get one with a seam, not a smooth-cup style - the latter look good under T shirts but are not so supportive.

Granny23 Sat 04-Jul-09 21:51:44

The exercise for pectorol muscles - you know the one where you press your palms together, as if praying, as hard as you can, at boob level or just above - actually works if repeated regularly i.e. several times a day. Also swimming - breast stroke of course. These got me back in good shape after 2x breast feeding way back in the 1970s even though I often went braless at that time - due to feminism, bra burning and all that!

WibblyPigRocks Sun 05-Jul-09 17:25:54

Thanks for this, ladies.

What are your thoughts on wearing a bra at night? I've obv been doing this over the past year but not sure whether I need to anymore!

Petsville Sun 05-Jul-09 17:32:50

John Lewis are good for measuring if there's one near you. Also, Bravissimo are brilliant - you say you're an A cup but loads of people wear too big a back size and too small a cup size, so if there's one near you it might be worth getting them to fit you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now