Talk

Advanced search

Argh - just looked in wardobe and need some serious help [blush]

(6 Posts)
DidEinsteinsMum Sat 04-Jul-09 21:29:17

I have been a slummy mummy for the last <mumble> years and need to swap my hoodies, vest tops and jeans for professional clothes.

Can some one suggest some good mix and match basics.

MrsSeanBean Sun 05-Jul-09 09:13:07

I returned to work a few months ago and (bearing in mind it was spring at the time) this is what I introduced:

- Hobbs navy knee length skirt (21in Fontana, still on website but can't link as it only pops up in a pop up..?!)
- Jigsaw cream patterned tie neck blouse
- Hobbs longish lightweight wool skirt (bias cut)
- black high heeled mary jane shoes with 'ties' on the front
- white shirt from M&S (plain & v basic
- pink LK Bennett jacket
- Boden navy/green skirt
- Boden navy blazer

Having written it down it sounds quite a bizarre combination, but the items matched pretty well with other things I had (I have a lot of blue).

notyummy Sun 05-Jul-09 09:33:14

What sort of budget and 'style' are you? Size (roughly)? Goood and bad bits?

notyummy Sun 05-Jul-09 09:34:25

Also, what sort of professional environment are you returning to?

A city law firm will have a different dress code to a small voluntary sector body.

DidEinsteinsMum Mon 06-Jul-09 14:48:12

Teaching - shape underterminate, size about 12. Style jeans, vest top, hoodies about sums it up -i dont have one but would probably preferred pretty class stuff which is timeless.

notyummy Mon 06-Jul-09 15:48:14

Depends on your budget really. I think Jigsaw does well cut, classy seperates - but it's not particularly cheap.

I got a great, flattering linen mix suit from M and S last year that I am getting lots of wear out of this summer - that was about £50.

For teaching, I would have though you might one suit for any times when you felt you may need to look extra smart.

I would get 3 or 4 more expensive things from places like Jigsaw/Banana Republic/Whistles, and then supplement with tops/cardigans from whereever you usually shop. I have a variety of things from Top Shop/Zara/Monsoon and Asda!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now