Talk

Advanced search

Skincare/make-up products that make you look a little less tired.

(18 Posts)
Benjy Sat 04-Jul-09 15:44:06

Am due to give birth to DC2 in a few weeks. I looked back over her baby pictures a few days ago and was shocked by how awful I looked: really tired and haggard (I was very anaemic but even so). I would like to look reasonable in pics with DC2 so need a few products to make me look brighter. In particular, a good undereye concealer. I've tried Touche Eclat but it is a bit too drying for my skin. Any suggestions?

CheeseCheese Sat 04-Jul-09 15:46:24

There is nothing doing. In fact I htink sometimes NO make up is better than trying to hide tiredness.
If you want under eye concealer go to BObbi brown and get some advice
ALso get some cream blush( theirs is good or mac) and soem nars bronzer.

that with some lipgloss and mascara will do, make sure the mascara is waterproof if you think you might have " what the hell have I done" teary moments.

CheeseCheese Sat 04-Jul-09 15:47:01

cream blusher

CheeseCheese Sat 04-Jul-09 15:47:52

bronzer

CheeseCheese Sat 04-Jul-09 15:50:31

maybe this? Dunno - go and ask them

CheeseCheese Sat 04-Jul-09 15:51:38

its gets good reviews from this lot and they are as hard as nails

tigerbear Sat 04-Jul-09 16:06:50

Maybelline Minerals Concealer is amazing - loads better than Touche Eclat, and about quarter of the price. It's better than any other concealer I've tried (and I've tried a lot!).
Also Maybelline Mousse Bronzer or By Terry Bronzer.
I've also been using Olay Everyday Sunshine moisturiser (both day and night versions) and this has made me look much less tired.

cornsilk Sat 04-Jul-09 16:08:37

Clarins beauty flash balm under Laura Mercier tinted moisturiser will make you look glowy. Eye drops makes eyes less tired.

CheeseCheese Sat 04-Jul-09 16:30:05

beauty flash balm is crap

dont

cornsilk Sat 04-Jul-09 16:32:29

No it's brilliant stuff. You are doing it wrong cheese.

CheeseCheese Sat 04-Jul-09 16:33:45

i put it on
i count the cost
i look
no diffo

Pinner35 Sat 04-Jul-09 16:37:55

Touché éclat is a highlighter, not a concealer. If you can afford it guerlain issima midnight secret is fab. Often described as 8 hours sleep in a bottle.....

cornsilk Sat 04-Jul-09 16:39:39

I want some of that guerlain stuff - I've read lots of good reviews.
Cheese I use beauty flash balm under tinted moisturiser - makes it smoother. I've tried the cheaper stuff and it's not as good.I suppose it depends on your skin though.

mamalovesmojitos Sat 04-Jul-09 23:36:22

touche eclat good in the shadows on your face, base of nose, outer corners of eyes, dent in chin - reflects light, makes you look glowy and radiant.

eye drops, smidge of white eyeliner on inner lower lids, eyelashes curled, lick of mascara that doesn't smudge.

pink blush.

mrswoolf Sat 04-Jul-09 23:38:01

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Benjy Tue 14-Jul-09 08:27:21

Sorry it's taken so long to respond. I've tried the Clarins balm. It was disappointing and actually made my skin feel quite dry. I have a Mac creme blush, which I love and the Bobbi Brown eye concealer looks good too so will give that a go. Thanks for the suggestions.

One question: I've never worn bronzer with blusher; don't wear bronzer at all because I am very pale and I can never get it to look right. How should I apply it and do I then apply blusher as normal?

I'm really tempted to try Midnight Secret but it is so expensive. Does it really work?

Icantbelieveit Tue 14-Jul-09 08:46:12

Try a bronzer with some pink in it rather than just a brown one which can look unnatural especially if you're pale skinned.
I use Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess one it's a limited edition summer one and it's brilliant (though very expensive!!).
I have seen some bronzers on other counters which are half and half pink and brown bronzers, I think it was Elizabeth Arden.

Get a big fluffy brush, not a blusher brush as they have quite a small fluffy bit, but either a powder brush which is bigger or ideally a kabuki (sp) brush, and apply it to your temples, cheeks (up near you apples), and chin in a figure of 3 motion on each side.
You're supposed to put some on the end of your nose but I don't like this as I end up looking like Rudolph.
You're putting it on the bits that would naturally catch the sun, to get a sunkissed look, don't put it everywhere on your face.

If you want a more blusher look just sweep some on your cheek bones after. This is where the pinky bit is good because you can use this colour for blusher.

I'd also love to try Midnight secret but it's so expensive, I must get a sample and test it first.

mrsmerryweather Tue 14-Jul-09 08:57:38

Bobbi Brown concealer- little black pot-def the best under eye concealer I have ever used- really does contain light reflecting stuff.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now