Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Need help with oliy skin in the heat. It's going into overproductive mode and it's driving me nuts! What can I put on it to dry it out?

(11 Posts)
FluffyBunnyGoneBad Thu 02-Jul-09 23:33:19

smile
I exfoliate 2-3 times a week, use clarins cleanser and toner, chanel moisturiser, what else can I do? I'm sick of looking shiny/blackheads/spots.

TIA.

mrsmaidamess Thu 02-Jul-09 23:34:39

Sounds like you are doing too much already. Yor skin may be over compensating for being stripped by over producing oil.

FluffyBunnyGoneBad Thu 02-Jul-09 23:36:11

really? wow. Exfoliate less?

I've no idea really blush

mrsmaidamess Thu 02-Jul-09 23:37:56

Maybe. I think toner can strip skin. I've never really seen the point of it. Do you cleanse using a flannel? That has made a massive difference to my oily skin.

FluffyBunnyGoneBad Thu 02-Jul-09 23:39:54

Nope, cotton wool. blush

RamblingRosa Fri 03-Jul-09 09:32:42

I agree sounds like you're doing too much. Skin produces more oil the more you strip it away. It sounds counter-intuitive but I reckon you need to simplify your routine. Try a simple creamy cleanser morning and evening using "hot cloth method" (basically just massage cleanser in, then wipe off with muslin cloth or flannel which you've rinsed in hot water. Then moisturise. Then leave well alone!
If you wear make up, it might be worth trying mineral make up.
Other than that, you could get some of those oil blotting sheets and (not the powdery ones IMO) and just blot whenever you need to.

applestrudel Fri 03-Jul-09 09:50:03

pores no more is a good primer which stops skin looking shiny

Elemental Fri 03-Jul-09 21:43:09

When I was pregnant my skin was like an oil slick. The only thing that sorted it out was the Urban Decay face powder for oily skins (the one in a lovely purple case), it's brilliant! It looks goth-white but goes on translucent and saved my sanity.

FluffyBunnyGoneBad Fri 03-Jul-09 21:44:28

I look pale already so the goth look is a permanent fixture! blush

Thankyou, I'll try them all. smile

smallchange Fri 03-Jul-09 21:48:13

Go and have a hunt for the Oil Cleansing method thread. I keep meaning to start it but haven't got round to it yet.

Been doing a bit of lurking on that thread and it sounds worth a try going by the feedback.

FluffyBunnyGoneBad Fri 03-Jul-09 22:10:30

smile Thankyou. I'll have a hunt.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now